Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SPL_db
Channel Surfer

One movie out of a four movie bundle won't play

Recently bought the Hunger Games trilogy and the third movie in bundle won't play.

The other three movies play fine so I don't think it is a settings issue.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Re: One movie out of a four movie bundle won't play

Exactly how did you purchase it? Through what channel? Prime?

0 Kudos
SPL_db
Channel Surfer

I purchased the bundle through the Movie Store.

0 Kudos
SPL_db
Channel Surfer

That would be Fandango I believe.

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

That means you purchased it through Vudu. Vudu and Fandango Now joined. When you log into your VUDU account do you see the purchase? Are you using the Vudu channel to watch? This isn’t a Roku issue since you purchased it through them. Have you tried to watch it online? Does it work? Explain what happens when you try to play the 4th movie? Try restarting your Roku

0 Kudos
SPL_db
Channel Surfer

I watch the movies through the Movie Store.

I go to My Movies and launch them from there.

Movie 1 plays fine

Movie 2 plays fine

Movie 3 (Part 1) won't play

Movie 3 (Part 2) plays fine

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

You purchased the movies through Vudo. They are in your Vudu account. So download the Vudu channel and login with the account you created. It’s not a Roku issue. Please try to restart your Roku also

0 Kudos
SPL_db
Channel Surfer

Well, restarting my Roku didnt help.

It does play from the Vudu menu though, weird.  I did find that I can start the movie on Vudu, pause it, and then return to My Movies and I can resume it from there and it will play, very weird.

Maybe the next update will fix it but at least I have a work around.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

No work around needed. There isn’t a need to even use “My movies “. Think of a Roku like a smartphone. It has apps called channels. Some of those channels are free some are subscriptions. Vudu, Netflix, Prime, HBO Max, Hulu and Paramount+ are all channels. You can stream movies and shows from within them. Vudu, AMC and YouTube allow users to stream and purchase movies. Those purchases are stored in the cloud allowing you to view them from anywhere using any of the supported devices. So if you bought a movie from Vudu use Vudo to watch it. If you buy something from McDonalds you don’t go to Burger King to eat it. My Movies is merely a shortcut to the channel where the movie is. That’s all

0 Kudos