Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On my Roku channel I find a movie to watch and push play and instead of playing the movie, it goes r

On my Roku channel I find a movie to watch and push play and instead of playing the movie, it goes right back to the play option. None play

20 REPLIES 20
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: On my Roku channel I find a movie to watch and push play and instead of playing the movie, it...

Hi @wvagirl1946,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more information. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. When did this issue first start occurring?
  2. What Roku model device are you using?
  3. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  4. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
  5. What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

jrbing13
Channel Surfer

Re: On my Roku channel I find a movie to watch and push play and instead of playing the movie, it go

I'm having the same problem. Click on the ROKU box, it opens to programs and movies, click on a movie, it says it's loading and then goes right back to where you hit the play button, over and over.

Is it possible to have to reload ROKU onto my tv? If I do that, do I have to reload PRIME, NETFLIX, and ACORN also?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: On my Roku channel I find a movie to watch and push play and instead of playing the movie, it go

Hello @jrbing13 

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
jrbing13
Channel Surfer

In reply to your questions, I'm only having problems with watching ROKU movies. My NETFLIX, PRIME, and all other channels work just fine. I can watch the Cineplex Westerns channel but again, when I click on any of the ROKU movies, it says it's loading, then comes back to where you click on PLAY and it just keeps doing the same thing.

I've done a restart and this didn't work as well as unplugging power from my ROKU Express and also relaunching my router.

Do you have anymore suggestions?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jrbing13 

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating this issue. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jrbing13
Channel Surfer

Thanks. Hopefully you can resolve this very soon so I can have access to what I'm paying for.

0 Kudos
jrbing13
Channel Surfer

It's been a week since your last update and I would like to have an update please. Not being able to access the programs and movies that ROKU advertises you can watch is leading me to believe I may need to find another source. If this is the case, just let me know.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for sharing your observation of the issue accessing The Roku Channel.

We are currently aware of the issue and our appropriate team working diligently to resolve the issue. At this time, I have no update to provide but rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible, and we ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
jrbing13
Channel Surfer

It's been over a month and I find it hard to believe someone on your team hasn't found the answer to my problem. Please either provide a solution or tell me you can't and I'll find another provider.

Not happy with NO follow-up!

0 Kudos