Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LPGreenvilleSC
Reel Rookie

OTA Channel Guide Displays Wrong

2-2-23 My Sharp Roku Tv did an update and now my OTA channel guide is displaying channels and programming wrong. I’m in Greenville SC and for example ABC is 13.1 but it is showing as CBS and shows the CBS programming guide but watching that channel clearly it is ABC. This is happening on several channels. I turned the tv off and rescanned several times as well as unplugging it. My internet connection is fine and all other apps are working perfectly. 
thanks for the feedback.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: OTA Channel Guide Displays Wrong

Hi @LPGreenvilleSC,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • what region are you located in
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • what troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue
  • screenshots of the issue you are seeing

Our Roku engineering team would like to take a look to see if we can help here. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
LPGreenvilleSC
Reel Rookie

Model: LC-40LB601U
Serial: YK0046672151

ID:Kpt884672151

I’m in Greenville SC 29651

This occurs across several channels where the guide states it’s one network like CBS instead of ABC.

Issue ID 51-049-027

I did a system update 02-02-23 then this started happening. I have rescanned my OTA channel’s and even unplugged the TV several times but this persists. 
thank you.

0 Kudos
LPGreenvilleSC
Reel Rookie

Sorry I forgot to add I am on version 11.5.0 build 4312.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@LPGreenvilleSC 

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
312capri
Reel Rookie

Interestingly I changed my location Zip code in settings to the location of the city broadcasting my OTA stations instead of my actual location and it appears to have solved the problem.

0 Kudos
Joyce68
Reel Rookie

That happened to me once, too.  All I did was go into Settings on my Roku and changed my zip code.  Went back and checked and all my channels were listed correctly.

0 Kudos