Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alhuf
Channel Surfer

[OS 12.0] Audio out of sync on Youtube

I started having this audio sync problem when I came back to my home in Ohio from Florida (after a 4 month period of not using my ROKUs or TVs.  

The issue happens on both my TVs.  

I'm using YouTube TV for streaming.

Model 3930X - Roku Express

SN X00400A94DAE (plus another device in the bedroom)

Software 12.0.0 - build 4184-AE

Device S00830494DAE

YouTubeTV asked me to look at connection speed.  It is running between 8 and 13 Mbps on both devices.  My internet speed on Speedtest.net is well over 300 Mbps.

Problem is mainly (entirely???) with live TV (local and national).  No problem when watching ROKU LIVE TV.  No problem with Netflix.  History Channel - OK.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
alhuf
Channel Surfer

Re: Audio doesn’t sync with video

I have tried restarting ROKU, and resetting to factory settings, but nothing seems to work.  My YouTubeTV agent checked Nerd Stats and says the Connection Speed is too slow.  Needs to be at least 13 Mbps, mine is frequently 10-12.  But my internet speed is 300+Mbps.  So what to do?  Where is the problem?

I have also removed and re-installed YouTube TV app.  Nothing is helping.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio doesn’t sync with video

Hi @alhuf,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having an issue with the audio that is out of sync with playing content on the Youtube TV and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

Note: Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

Just to verify, are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup? When did this issue first start occurring?

In Settings > Audio > Audio mode, what setting do you have selected? Does the same issue occur if you change the setting to Stereo or Auto?

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try is you can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now and seeing if you notice any difference.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Audio out of sync; started with Roku OS 12.0

Hi @alhuf 

Thanks for the post and providing us with your device information.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

In the meantime, can you please provide us with the specific channels within the YouTube TV channel that you are experiencing this issue with?

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos