Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Shudder Roku channel stopped functioning properly

Hi @seafox7,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing.

I have passed along your information and our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have a further resolution soon. We'll get back to you once we have an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gavinwolves
Channel Surfer

I'm having with issues on the shudder app as well on the Roku 4k stick, always been fine until the last few weeks. Films stop playing and only some of the menu works. 

0 Kudos
Foddaddy
Binge Watcher

Same issue here! Have e different Rokus and a Roku TV. All doing the same as others have described. When I log into Shudder.com on my phone or computer it works fine. 

0 Kudos
Foddaddy
Binge Watcher

For clarity's sake we are talking the Roku Channel App, not Shudder on the Roku channel

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Yes, the Shudder channel itself, not Shudder on the Roku Channel or Amazon Prime Video.

I had put in a ticket with Shudder about this issue, which is now "resolved", with the following info from Shudder:

"We appreciate your patience as we're working with Roku on an solution for this ongoing issue! A few things we'd like to suggest, that may help get you back to enjoying Shudder in the meantime:

If the app still isn't working correctly, check your Roku OS and upgrade to version 11.5.0 4225. This version will allow you to watch ShudderTV (and the Joe Bob event!), and search for titles to stream. The Series, Collections and Movies pages may not work at this time, but using the search function allows you to still access our content! We're working with Roku on a fix for this and hope to have this resolved ASAP! 

Should you be unable to upgrade to Roku OS 11.5.0 4225 or are experiencing similar issues with other apps as well, a factory reset may allow you to roll your system back to an older Roku OS update, which should resolve any issues you're currently experiencing. 

Roku OS 11.0.0 
Roku OS 11.5.0 
Roku OS 11.5.0 4225 ⚠️

Alternatively, you can access Shudder on all other supported devices or via the Web.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience!

Best wishes,
The Shudder Team"

So, they acknowledge the problem with "Series", "Collections", and "Movies". It also affects being able to resume watching anything, as well as "My List" and "Continue Watching," which sections will not show up under "Featured."

So this message seems to make it pretty clear that it's not a problem on Shudder's end; the problem was caused by Roku updating their OS software from version 11.0 to 11.5.

What I will say is, this is definitely the worst month of the year to have this happen to a channel like Shudder. I grew up in the 1980's and I've found tons of movies on there from the 70's and 80's that I never knew existed.

Foddaddy
Binge Watcher

Yes I agree. Having these issues around Halloween. Is, unfortunate at best. Roku needs to get it together and fix this nonsense. 

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Re: [OS 11.5] Shudder channel stopped functioning properly

Roku OS update today from version 11.5.0 Build 4225-46 to version 11.5.0 Build 4235-46.

It does not fix any of the issues with the Shudder channel.

Gavinwolves
Channel Surfer

Just updated mine as well and no change, strangely though I'm only having the issue on the 4k stick and not the Roku sound bar which I have in the bedroom and all functions on shudder work fine. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If you haven't yet provided us with your device information, please reply here with the details below: 

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Shudder channel version/build (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have it, we'll forward it to the Roku team investigating this issue for additional information.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Necronar
Reel Rookie

Hi,

I'm new to the conversation, but have been having this problem with Shudder for a while now. I've gathered the information you've requested.

Device Model: 4802X - Roku Ultra

Serial Number: X010009KFWV6

Device ID: S0DA222KFWV6

Software Version: 11.5.0 - Build 4235-C2 (Updated today, but was also having the same issue with Build 4225-C2)

Shudder Channel Version: 5.12 - Build 220630

Tracker ID: V6-428-934

Steps to Reproduce: Turn on Roku > go to Shudder > try accessing Collections, Movies, or Series.
All three of those return with a "Loading..." screen with no further action. All other categories of the menu work.

0 Kudos