Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Shudder Roku channel stopped functioning properly

Hi @Jeremiah-,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community and providing information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team which has been investigating this issue closely. We'll get back to you once we have an update and I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

You guys are about to lose allot of customers, this has been going on for far too long and there are to many alternatives to ROKU to keep putting up with this **bleep**.   Just Sayin

0 Kudos

Having the same problem all week on my app as well. Did all of the usual suggested steps to fix it (check for update on roku & shudder app, delete shudder & reinstall, sign back in) still can't access anything in the app. So frustrating!

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

The issue is likely with the provider... I suspect that Shudder changed something on their back end servers, so the server address that the channel is trying to hit for the affected items isn't there anymore.

The channel will probably need to be updated, and again, I suspect that the channel update may have already been submitted, and we're waiting for Roku to approve and release the update. Again, just my guess, I have no inside knowledge. But I do know that channel updates can take some time after they're submitted and before they're released.

Everything works fine for me on the Shudder website, although I have heard that people who are trying to sign up for new Shudder accounts on the shudder.com web site are not able to pass the captcha.

A lot of people view Shudder via Amazon Prime or the Roku Channel, or AMC+. So they don't use the Shudder channel.

I have found however that there is content on the Shudder channel that is not on Amazon Prime or The Roku Channel.

I personally use the Shudder channel, and would like to have it working properly again.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Shudder channel stopped functioning properly

Hi Roku Community,

Please be aware that we are able to reproduce the issue and are currently investigating with the channel provider.

Once more information is available, we will be sure to post an update in this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Dininonymous
Streaming Star

Just replying to say that I have exactly the same issue with Shudder, so I'm here to follow whatever information is forthcoming about it. My Shudder app "broke" right after the recent Roku update as well. I set up a support ticket with Shudder about it, but haven't yet heard back from them. I'm sure it'll get fixed one way or another.

Possibly related, but beyond this issue, this Roku update seems to be causing everything to act laggy and glitchy, even my Roku remote. Like the whole system sometimes gets hung up, and the remote won't respond for a few minutes, etc. I hope the bugs will all be worked out and we'll get another update with fixes quickly. Thanks, Danny and Roku Team.

0 Kudos
kageryu42
Reel Rookie

Hi,

I'm following this as well.  I am having the same issue with my Roku Ultra and Shudder.  I also opened a ticket with Shudder.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dininonymous @kageryu42,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. 

In the meantime, we would recommend trying to perform a manual update on your Roku device to see if you are still experiencing the issue you are reporting.
Instructions to manually update your software:
1. Navigate to Settings
2. Select System
3. Select System update
4. Select Check now
For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How to update the software on your Roku TV™ or Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support
If this issue is not resolved, please help us with the additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Just a friendly FYI, when you post form responses, that include statements like "does this issue occur on a specific channel?" when the specific channel is mentioned in the topic of the very thread... let's just say that's not really a good look, or a good way to interact with users.

Just my opinion.

0 Kudos
seafox7

I'm having the same problem as @Psilobite as of Oct 21 2022. SHUDDER will not load most of the channel functions. Only the live and search functions

Have tried all the usual troubleshooting steps.

Shudder:

V 5.12 build 220630

Roku:

TCL 40S355

Hardware ID H102X

Software 11.5.0 build 4226-DD

Tracker ID 15-423-118

Thanks @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos