Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanOVegas

Re: [OS 11.5] Shudder channel stopped functioning properly

Mine is still not working. No saved list, not able to save any title, no resuming; always reverts to the beginning.

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Yeah, that's still not working for anyone.

I hope that the "fix" wasn't the final one and it isn't going to stay like this now indefinitely.

It's no fun if memorizing the exact time you are leaving something, and if you forget, having to fast forward from the beginning, guessing where it was you left off.

Psilobite
Roku Guru

Shudder app updated today, "My List," "Continue Watching," and resuming is now working again.

0 Kudos
druidblackangel
Reel Rookie

It's not on mine. Nothing, nada, zilch...did the Halloween fairy visit you and no one else?  

0 Kudos
Foddaddy
Binge Watcher

Mine also now working fine. Had to do the software update

^Settings

^System 

^Software Update

^ Check Now

After update back to normal.  Finally

0 Kudos
Dininonymous
Streaming Star

Mine is all working again now, too!

FYI, druidblackangel - the fix came via a Roku system (manual) update, not a Shudder app update specifically, at least in my case.

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

@Foddaddy wrote: 

Mine also now working fine. Had to do the software update

^Settings

^System 

^Software Update

^ Check Now

After update back to normal.  Finally

This is correct. I usually do the above a few times a day, just out of habit. Only takes me about 20 seconds, then the (usually) short wait for it to update, if it finds updates. If you don't do the above, it should eventually update on its own, automatically. According to the documentation, it's supposed to do it once every 24 hours.

So, here's how it went down:

- On 10/25, Roku system updated to version 11.5.0 Build 4235-46

- On 10/26, Shudder started working for "Collections," "Movies," and "Series", but not "My List", "Continue Watching", or the ability to resume.

- On 11/01, the Shudder app was updated to version 5.12 Build 221020, and "My List", "Continue Watching", and the ability to resume were restored.

It looks to me, based on the build number for Shudder, that it's a build from 10/20. So it took 12 days for it to get pushed out via Roku updates. It probably included a day or two of testing. This is not unusual for Roku, for there to be about a week's wait in having an app update from the developer get pushed out. It's unfortunate that the Shudder app's functionality was impaired until after Halloween.

Foddaddy
Binge Watcher

Not sure if this is related. All was well, then Shudder stopped working. Says subscription expired, but Roku account shows not due until next year. Get an error message, "You already have an account withbactive subscription. Tey to log in"

2500-000000-607

When I sign back in, cycle repeats. Shudder works fine on phone and laptop. Same issue on 5 different Rokus

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

I was hoping the problems with the Roku Shudder app would be over, but, they are not.

New problem:

On the "Featured" page, all categories of titles stop being browsable after title 10 or 20.

For example, when scrolling to the right on "Newly Added," the user is unable to scroll past title 10 out of 706.

Here's the list:

"Newly Added"
Stops at title 10 out of 706.

"Binge This"
Stops at title 20 out of 46.

"Scariest on Shudder"
Stops at title 10 out of 36.

"Shudder Essentials"
Stops at title 10 out of 24.

"Possessions"
Stops at title 20 out of 27.

"Into the Wild"
Displays all 17 titles.

"Slashics"
Stops at title 20 out of 27.

"House of Psychotic Women"
Stops at title 20 out of 38.

It seems it's not possible to show more than 20 titles on any category in "Featured." This also applies to the personal categories "My List" and "Continue Watching." The biggest loss here IMHO is only being able to show the 10 most recently added titles.

This problem does NOT appear to affect any section other than "Featured" (i.e., "Collections", "Movies", "Series", and "Search").

I would really like this problems solved once and for all. I would like to be able to actually WATCH the channel, not endlessly document all of its problems.

This is a paid channel. Please fix it.

- Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version
Device Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra
Serial Number: YJ00A4777475
Device ID: CK386A777475
Software OS/Version: 11.5.0 Build 4235-46

- Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel
Yes, Shudder, version 5.12 Build 221020

- Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
75-443-549

- Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
You will need a Shudder account. Start the channel, log in, select "Featured" on the left, move down to "Newly Added," and you will be on title 1 of 706. Scroll to the right. It will stop at title 10, with no way to move forward. Scroll down and check the other categories. You will find that they are in the same state. They will stop at title 10 or 20, with no way to move forward.

Psilobite
Roku Guru

Scratch what I said above about the other categories, "Movies", "Collections", and "Series" are all limited to 50 titles when scrolling to the right.

You can't browse past 10 or 20 titles on "Featured", and you can't browse past 50 titles anywhere else.

User interface is still broken.

0 Kudos