Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
runnersthoughts
Channel Surfer

[OS 11.5] Hulu Not Playing on Roku Ultra

In early October Hulu (and Disney+, ESPN+)  stopped playing on my two Roku streaming devices. I have two Roku Ultras 4800X  running version 11.5. I have tried everything that I could find on the internet to no avail. I contacted Hulu and they acknowledged that others were having issues (although not convinced that this was not just pacifying me). I can play these services elsewhere (computer, smart tv) but not through Roku. I am at a point where I either want to get rid of Roku and just buy a smart TV or just kill Hulu. Any recommendations on what to do?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hulu Not Playing on Roku Ultra

@runnersthoughts 

Let's first verify you're in the USA.

Next, assuming that, let's verify if you are using a VPN.

Assuming not, have you tried removing all of the Disney apps, rebooting the Roku, then reinstalling one (Hulu) and attempting to run it and log in?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
runnersthoughts
Channel Surfer

Yes, in the USA; No not using a VPN. Disney and ESPN have been removed. I rebooted Roku with an update. I reinstalled Hulu. I select a profile and it brings up content. When I try to play anything it gives me an error "We're having trouble playing this and a Hulu error code P-DEV320.

Roku Ultra 4800X  version is 11.5 Build is 4235-c2

I am on a wired 300mbps fiber connection

Hulu version is6.63.1

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@runnersthoughts 

Based on the Web searches, that error code is related to live streaming. Have you tried the on-demand section? Do you get the same error?

As this appears to be related to network connectivity, which doesn't necessarily mean your network, but could include connections between your network and Hulu. But start with your network. Are you using Pi Hole or a similar process on your network? If so, disable it then reboot the Roku. Does Hulu then launch?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
runnersthoughts
Channel Surfer

Hulu works fine on my Smart TV and it works on my Samsung S8 Phone (on my Wifi)  but the two TVs with the Roku Ultras, it doesn't. So it is a Roku/Hulu issue.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @runnersthoughts

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@runnersthoughts wrote:

Hulu works fine on my Smart TV and it works on my Samsung S8 Phone (on my Wifi)  but the two TVs with the Roku Ultras, it doesn't. So it is a Roku/Hulu issue.

Those different devices connect to different servers. Different servers have different IP addresses and different URLs

Pi Hole is URL based. The Pi Hole, which intercepts URLs and replaces the IP addresses, could be a factor as a result.

DBDukes

0 Kudos