Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lostinatl
Channel Surfer

Re: OS 10.5 Disney Plus playback issue

That's great - I just did the same and there is still no additional update for my Streambar and Roku support has not gotten back to me.

Still have a lot of apps that will not work.

lostinatl
Channel Surfer

Just got of a chat with support and they assure me they are working on the issue and will let me know as soon as they get a resolution.  Over 48 hours now this has been broken for me.

andyross
Roku Guru

My 4800 updated overnight. When I first went to use it, it was basically off and I had to hit a key to get the screen to wake up. On the channel list, there was no "ad" on the right side. I just rebooted it and everything seems to be back to normal. I used Paramount+ to watch "Lower Decks", and did a brief check with Netflix and YouTube.

0 Kudos
WhitesandRokku
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus not working on Roku

Thanks @RokuDanny-R  for your help.

It looks like it's working now after trial and error.  There's definitely something going on from the Disney side but I was able to login correctly if coming from a new IP address (mobile) but not if going through my home wifi IP address (cable), was able to connect if I removed my router from the equation just connected directly to my cable modem.  So I swapped out my router for a different one and then it would work, but swapped back to my old router and it's still working. So I'm really back to my original network setup as when I started but now it's working.  Restarted all the devices throughout the process with no success so I'm not sure what the solution was in the end.

With that said, the only things I can think of is that Disney was blocking my IP address (I'm a new user, just registered earlier this week and was setting up roku) and perhaps my IP changed along the way or they had a timer blocking my IP and that period has ended.  Was also getting an error when logging into Disneyplus own website saying something about "..try again later..".

Summary is that this doesn't look like anything on Roku side and was perhaps just Disney blocking me for logging in too many times to setup service and issue went away either by new IP or elapsed ban period. Not sure if swamping routers did anything or indeed helped expedite resolution.  Fingers crossed the issue stays resolved.  This was a bit long but hopefully some details that may help others figure this issue out.

0 Kudos
sidlittlefield
Channel Surfer

Re: Disney Plus not working on Roku

@WhitesandRokku 

This jives with the advice that Disney gave me when I contacted them. They suggested resetting my router/modem set up. I was able to find a work around so I didn't go that route.

0 Kudos
PCY

Re: Disney Plus not loading when I click the icon

Hi Kariza, none of your suggestions worked. I still have this blue ok button that just appears after loading Disney Plus. I have tried:

uninstalling Disney Plus, restarting my Roku TV, installing Disney Plus

Disconnecting from wifi 60 seconds

Doing a Roku System Update

Disney+ does work on my mobile so I know it's not an issue with my account. This issue only started within the past week or so. Please help!

Thanks, Peter

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @PCY

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please reply here with the information asked by @RokuDanny-R above. With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@generalleo 

Thanks for the information.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

1. IP address for the Roku devices (Settings >  Network > About)
  2. What country are you located in?
  3. Please provide a screenshot of the error you are seeing on screen.

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Meerkat152
Binge Watcher

Having the same issue with Disney+ since the update to 10.5.  Have tried deleting the app -> restarting, clearing cache, resetting the modem/router, etc. -> reinstalling the app, but still doesn't work.  Here is my info:

Model: 4210X - Roku2

Serial: 5F4610172909

Software: 10.5.0 build 4174-04

Issue ID 09-408-457

Same model Roku on my other TV has not yet received the 10.5 update, and Disney+ works fine there.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Meerkat152 

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post and provide us with the requested information so we can investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos