Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Butch74

Re: OAN subscription cancelled??!! Why? I need OAN!!!

Same problem and same solution attempts as listed above! Started on 2/15/22.

Problem exists on TCL (Roku TV), 3 different streaming plug-ins, and a Windows 10 PC.

Need a OAN solution or I will move away from Roku.

0 Kudos
BrianG2
Channel Surfer

I feel your pain.  I was an earlier adopter of Roku and after spending an hour on an online chat with 3-4 representatives/customer service people I got absolutely nowhere.  Well, not entirely nowhere, upon realizing that this was never going to get solved I came up with an idea that ultimately panned out.  I ended up making a new gmail address and then did a factory reset on my TCL Roku TV and re-signed in under the new email.  I had to re-sign in to all my Apps/Channels but it did allow me to load the OAN Channel app and subscribe to it.  It was a major pain in the @$$ to have to reload all my other Apps and re-sign in to all of them but in the end I've got my OAN back.  Like I said before I've been a Roku guy for years. I've played around with FireTV and looked into other streaming devices.  I'm not a gamer so I don't own any game platforms.  For better or worse Roku, despite the VERY inadequate customer service, I believe Roku is still my best option.  Hope this helps.

JSGispert1
Channel Surfer

Well ... I took a similar (but a bit different route) ... 1-st I love OAN News and I am a very happy ROKU User. But, regrettably I gave up and could neither get OAN Channel to work on ROKU nor could I get the OAN Channel to remove (after a solid week), so ... I had read earlier on this string and tried this: I went to my ROKU Account Website (on the line) and canceled my OAN Subscription ... Then closed my ROKU Account ... Had dinner and then turned my television/ROKU back on and signed up as if I was a new customer ... Everything went smooth as silk even used my same e-mail address and Account password ... Also it did remember and save all the channels I had selected and closed on the ROKU Live Channel ... I deleted all the misc B.S. channels/apps they pre-load for you (HULU, AMAZON, etc) and then added all my regular free ROKU Channels back on and I can not lie - I opted to just leave OAN Channel off (yes it was finally gone off my ROKU Home Page) ... I do NOT know if this issue was an OAN issue or a ROKU issue? I did in fact e-mail a very polite/professional inquiry to OAN several days ago and they still have not answered at all?  Best of luck to everyone - If ROKU ever announces the problem is officially resolved or if OAN comes back with any information - I "might" try again with the ROKU OAN Channel - thanks for all the advice and time everyone offered - Joseph Gispert (Seattle, WA)

Steve32
Streaming Star

I just signed up for KlowdTV.  I have actually known about it for a while, but never looked into it before.  They offer a lot of conservative themed channels, from what I can tell.  Among them the OAN live feed and OAN Plus.  I just subscribed to their "OAN Package" for $2.50 per month and finally have the OAN live feed playing on my TV again.  I guess I'll roll with this for as long as it works, and save some money in the meantime.  And the beauty of this, since KlowdTV manages the subscription, I think I can watch it on different devices.

TheGottos
Streaming Star

Is Klowd free? I’ve seen advertisements but never looked into it. 

0 Kudos
Steve32
Streaming Star

They have 4 subscription levels:  Free, OAN @ $2.50/mo, Worldwide @ $4.99/mo, and Premium @ $9.99/mo.  The free subscription includes OAN Plus which is not their live feed.  If you want the live feed, you need to subscribe to the OAN or Worldwide package.  For some reason, I do not see it listed in the Premium package.

https://www.klowdtv.com/home.ktv

JSGispert1
Channel Surfer

Thanks but, you are referring to KLOWD TV 0 I was addressing the OAN Channel on ROKU ... I Had KLOWD But, they have other channels included (you can't edit out) that I find objectionable ... But thank you

0 Kudos
Butch1947
Reel Rookie

Thanks JSGispert1,

It worked to delete my account and reestablish it with the same email and password.

Yes ... It is a pain to log into all my special channels again!

But ... I now have OAN back!

TheGottos
Streaming Star

Awesome to hear. I’ll have to try it after the weekend. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
JSGispert1
Channel Surfer

Well if you did the same as I and canceled ROKU account and the re-established and now you are getting OAN just fine ... I might just try them one last time ... It's a gamble to spend the $5.50 (incl tax) but we shall see ... I will let everyone know if it works for me without the same issues as before - Thanks Joseph in Seattle

0 Kudos