Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vonrocker
Reel Rookie

OAN channel reverts back to home screen

I have several Roku devices and its the same on all after latest software download (9/27/2022).

OAN LIVE reverts back to home after credential check. I've read the Hulu and HBO answers and nothing works. I did factory reset. It did NOT work.

One device: 3820x steaming stick 4k

serial: X017009VDPAS (S08Y41DVDPAS)

Software: 11.5.0 - build: 4196-CU

ID: AS-391-035

4 REPLIES 4
fluke
Roku Guru

Re: OAN channel reverts back to home screen

Try doing this:

Go to The Roku Channel

Press Up until you get to Search

Search for OAN and select "OAN Plus (Live)"

You should then have the option to Play or to Add to Save LIst

My personal preference is Haystack News and Newsy.  But I will try to accept those may not fit your preferences.  Until the issue with OAN app is fixed, The Roku Channel method to access might be the best work-around.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Vonrocker,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. We would like to know what went wrong to assist you further and fix the issue. Have you tried removing the channel you observe this issue? Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel and try playing content again. In addition, do you observe this issue prior to the OS update? 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vonrocker
Reel Rookie

Thanks Mary.
  Yes, I’ve uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, re-logged and even factory reset on all my Rokus. I have an annual subscription and have verified with OAN also. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Vonrocker,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

I have already escalated this issue to the appropriate team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos