Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lti313
Reel Rookie

OAN app not playing on my device, even after I've purchased it.

Hello,

The OAN app will not play.  Reads I have to purchase it, which I did but still will not play.  I've logged into my account and I see that there is a subscription for it.  Again, it will not play.  Any help is appreciated.  

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: OAN app not playing on my device, even after I've purchased it.

Since you subscrbed through Roku, have you tried to view OAN through The Roku Channel as a gateway?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Lti313
Reel Rookie

Hi,

Thanks for replying!  I don't see where OAN is available on the Roku channel, only OAN Encore is.  They play old programs (months old).  I've tried uninstalling the app, and it won't even let me uninstall it.  

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Lti313 wrote:
..  I've tried uninstalling the app, and it won't even let me uninstall it.  

When the channel is one for which you have a paid subscription through Roku, if you highlight the channel on the Roku home page and press the * key on your Roku remote, there will be a "Manage subscription" option instead of "Remove channel". Click this and follow the prompts to cancel your subscription. Now the "Remove channel" option will be shown so you can remove and subsequently re-install it.

You will still have use of the channel until your pre-paid subscription period runs out, but it should no longer auto-renew.  You can resubscribe at that point, if you wish.

I suspect it is set up this way to prevent people from thinking removing the channel cancels the subscription and getting all bent out of shape when they keep getting charged for it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
BrianG2
Channel Surfer

Same here.  I only have OAN Encore or OAN Plus depending on how I go about accessing it and being a Saturday I can’t tell if it is live broadcast or not. 

0 Kudos