Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rich813
Channel Surfer

Now blocked on Acorn TV

Jump to solution

Just renewed Acorn TV subscription through Roku.  Since renewal date when I try to watch something on Acorn, I get the following message: "You have already subscribed to Acorn TV via Roku.  Please use the credentials you used when you subscribed to Sign In", and I can not watch anything.  So I logged out of Acorn and tried to login to Acorn with the Roku password and only got an error message.  What credentials are they talking about?

At a loss as to what to do.  Money is paid to Roku, but no service.

Tags (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Now blocked on Acorn TV

Jump to solution

Hi @Rich813

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to Acorn TV support to report the issue and for further help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authentication.

You can contact them here: https://support.acorn.tv/en/support/home

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

That's interesting.  I personally wouldn't put up with commercials on a paid service.  My advice is to cancel your paid-through-Roku subscription and subscribe directly through Acorn and forget about watching through The Roku Channel.  I can't explain why you were able to watch through the Acorn channel before and can't now.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rich813

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to Acorn TV support to report the issue and for further help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authentication.

You can contact them here: https://support.acorn.tv/en/support/home

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Are you attempting to watch Acorn through The Roku Channel and not the stand-alone Acorn channel?  I don't believe your subscription will work anywhere except within The Roku Channel.

0 Kudos
Rich813
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Will do, but I must point out it was Roku that charged my credit card, and they are not delivering the service they charged me for.

Rich813
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

There is a problem with watching on the Roku channel, it is often interrupted with multiple commercials.  During my previous subscription, which allowed me to watch on Acorn TV, there were no commercials.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

That's interesting.  I personally wouldn't put up with commercials on a paid service.  My advice is to cancel your paid-through-Roku subscription and subscribe directly through Acorn and forget about watching through The Roku Channel.  I can't explain why you were able to watch through the Acorn channel before and can't now.

Cupspinner

Jump to solution

Same here.  Blocked on Acorn, never was before.  It says log in with Roku credentials, which don’t work.  I’m paying for service and not getting the channel 😡

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Cupspinner

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Could you confirm to us the exact error message showing up on your TV screen when accessing the Acorn TV channel? Please let us know as well if you are accessing Acorn TV within The Roku Channel or the one available directly from your home screen. 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Rich813
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I called Roku customer service and they cancelled my Acorn TV subscription through Roku with a refund.  Amazingly, now I am able to login and watch shows on Acorn TV without issue.

jabatx
Channel Surfer

Re: Now blocked on Acorn TV (error 2500-000000-607)

Jump to solution

@Rich813 , I had the same issue yesterday with Acorn, and neither Roku or Acorn websites had useful information about 2500-000000-607 error. Here's what fixed it for me:

1) Log out of Acorn on your Roku

2) Log in to Acorn on the website

3) Use same payment method to pay to renew subscription. MUST be the same one. 

4) Wait until the website acknowledges account is active again (5-10 minutes)

5) Log back in to Acorn on your Roku

6) Check your payment for duplicate payment amount (may or may not be for Acorn).

It took about an hour to resolve it all for me yesterday. I noticed two charges for the same amount on my credit card this morning, when the only subscription that I renewed was Acorn:

• ACORN TV MONTHLY US$7.57
  • Roku for RLJ Entertainmen$7.57

This suggests to me to that the Roku billing functionality may have an issue. Over a year later.