Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gww
Binge Watcher

Not sure how I am to add local stations

Jump to solution

First I want to thank all the replies to my post about being concerned to cut the cable tv.......well, I did so but kept the Cox internet.    I am trying to learn the ins and outs of the ROKU stick......really enjoy it thus far but am wondering what is the best solution to obtaining my local channels (Fox10Phoenix, AZFamily, etc).

Thanks in advance for any input.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
demsd
Roku Guru

Re: Not sure how I am to add local stations

Jump to solution

You might consider investing in a Roku TV. They aren't that expensive. I bought a 40" TCL for $200, and a year later bought a TCL 50" for $250. With an OTA, and with Roku's Live TV Guide, you'll get all the locals the antenna can pick up, plus all the free steaming channels from Roku. If you add any premium channels [AMC+, Epix Now, etc] that have live channels, they will also show up in the guide. So, it's like having that pay TV experience without all the cost.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can’t just get local channels. If you bought a Roku TV you could use an antenna. If you bought a Roku device or even a TV then you can subscribe to YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV, FuboTV or DirecTV Stream. My choice is YouTube TV. Been using it gif years now. 

gww
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you very much.....I will check into YouTube Tv

0 Kudos
gww
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just found my local news stations on TUBI and will not have to subscribe to YouTube!  🙂

Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

What you see on Tubi isn’t the same as the actual networks such as NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox. Tubi isn’t truly live. It’s on demand. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@gww 

Have you tried connecting an antenna to your TV?  You can try using any old antenna (rabbit ears, a coat-hangar, etc).  Just need to switch to the Antenna Input of your TV to watch OTA (over-the-air) channels.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

gww
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply.  It is still good enough for my getting the local news...even if it is a little late  🙂

0 Kudos
gww
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you.   I'll give that a try as well

0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You might consider investing in a Roku TV. They aren't that expensive. I bought a 40" TCL for $200, and a year later bought a TCL 50" for $250. With an OTA, and with Roku's Live TV Guide, you'll get all the locals the antenna can pick up, plus all the free steaming channels from Roku. If you add any premium channels [AMC+, Epix Now, etc] that have live channels, they will also show up in the guide. So, it's like having that pay TV experience without all the cost.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
gww
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I contacted the seller of my indoor antenna and he was kind enough to explain how it should be connected to my tv.  It turns out I was not properly attaching the amplifier he had included.   I did so and it works perfectly!  Thank you for all of you that offered advice.    So nice to know that helpful advice is only a click away!

0 Kudos