Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
triumphnut
Reel Rookie

No way to enter black friday promo code for peacock

Jump to solution

Peacock has a black friday promocode "SAVEBIG".  If you already have a peacock subscription that is managed from your roku account, there is no way to enter the code that I can see.  Anybody successfully used this code on a peacock account that already exists?  I tried ending the current subscription to start over an that does not work either.  It wants to resubscribe me at the $4.99/month rate without offering a promo code.  Peacock will not let me handle it on their site, they require roku to manage it since it's already active on roku. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
triumphnut
Reel Rookie

Re: No way to enter black friday promo code for peacock

Jump to solution

Found it.  Go to the Roku channel on your device.  This won't work on the internet site, just do it on your tv.  Scroll down to the menu item on the left side and find "Black Friday Deals".  Lots of options will pop up for Black Friday.  Most of these look like they're only for 2 months, but yes you can get the deal even if you are already subscribing.  All this for an $8 savings over 2 months lol.  Sorry to bother everyone for this.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I suppose a workaround could be: Cancel Roku Peacock subscription.  Use different email address to redeem the offer at Peacock. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yep there is a disconnect somewhere with this offer. I just tweeted them about it if you want to retweet me.

https://twitter.com/ConsumerQueen/status/1596350521010360321

While I COULD just cancel and sign up again they need to fix their issue!

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yet another reason to NEVER sign up through a 3rd party. Always sign up DIRECTLY at the service's WEB PAGES.

0 Kudos
nwjam66
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

In the exact same boat, I just cancelled Peacock and will see what happens once my subscription ends in December. I'll follow this post though to see if anyone finds a solution

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Check the fine print on the offer.  I don't know about this one specifically, but many "deals" are for new accounts only.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
triumphnut
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Found it.  Go to the Roku channel on your device.  This won't work on the internet site, just do it on your tv.  Scroll down to the menu item on the left side and find "Black Friday Deals".  Lots of options will pop up for Black Friday.  Most of these look like they're only for 2 months, but yes you can get the deal even if you are already subscribing.  All this for an $8 savings over 2 months lol.  Sorry to bother everyone for this.  

0 Kudos
nwjam66
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you!!I I actually found the promo page as you described. HOWEVER.... now that it is Sunday, looks like Peacock's promo is gone. Many other channels have specials, but no Peacock. Maybe they'll put something for Cyber Monday. Great place to check for specials though for sure!!
I probably won't continue Peacock at $4.99 a month. Football will be over, and you can't see any current Yellowstone