Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound through headphones in Apple TV

Everything on my Roku Premiere works fine. I installed Apple TV and it works great...but when I plug in headphones I get no sound. Switch to a different app, no problem. Unplug my headphones no problem.

21 REPLIES 21
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: No sound through headphones in Apple TV

Thanks for the note here. A few questions here to better understand the issue:

- What model of Roku Premiere do you own? (Settings>System>About)

- Are you trying to plug headphones into your mobile device to use private listening through the Roku mobile app?

- If so, is this an Android or iOS device?

- What brand and specific model of phone are you using? 

- What version of the Roku mobile app do you have installed? 

With more information, we can continue helping! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
FLXTR

I am having a similar issue.  I have a Roku Ultra with latest firmware.  I can listen to shows through the Roku Remote on Netflix, Hulu, etc. but there is no sound using the AppleTV app on the Roku.

0 Kudos
dz1

I have the same issue with my Ultra LT. Headphones plugged into the remote work for everything except Apple TV.
0 Kudos
Aldermanclan
Reel Rookie

Same problem #Roku ultra latest firmware 9.2.0.4806. No sound on both the#Roku remote or the Roku mobile app for #iPhone. Apple TV app is the only app that won’t work with private listening

0 Kudos
onelovekir
Reel Rookie

I also have the same issue. Can't believe 2 months later and still no fix. This is also true when I try to set it up with my Bluetooth headset as well. 

Aldermanclan
Reel Rookie

Maybe this needs to go to #apple so it will get fixed

onelovekir
Reel Rookie

That's a great idea, I will do that now

0 Kudos
Elc121082

Has anyone figured this out? I just installed the Apple TV app and then ran into this issue. The private listening feature is one of the best things I like about my roku. 

0 Kudos
webbym
Channel Surfer

I also have no audio when using headphones with the remote. I have a 4660X (Ultra), software 9.2.0 build 4807-46, all channels up to date. I live in an apartment building with thin walls so I use the headphones 100% of the time, so this is something of a problem for me.

0 Kudos