Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Airspacegeek
Reel Rookie

Fixed?! No sound on YouTube app

Jump to solution

I think I fixed it. There’s a YouTube sub-menu I could figure out how to access anywhere else. While you’re on YouTube:

1) Click a video to load it, then press the star (*) button. 

2) On that sub-menu, scroll to “Volume Mode.”

3) Get rid of leveling, turn the setting to “Off.”

The fix took. Stayed overnight and through several on/off cycles. 

jls03
Channel Surfer

Re: No sound on YouTube app

Jump to solution

ok. some of the posts are not going in the order posted. i did not see yours myself until now.

0 Kudos
Anibalmari
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Turn your Roku TV on. Open the YouTube app. Pick any video and while the video is playing press the “*” button and scroll down to volume mode and pick “off”. That should solve your no volume problem.

GJ1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There was an update with the YouTube app. last Thursday so needless to say there is a bug in the coding.

I have the same no sound problem with my 32" TCL Roku TV 2019 model that uses Roku 9.0. My Comcast YouTube app. is fine. So hopefully this bug will work it's self out or from all of these complaints we can see in Roku Community, they will trouble shoot their **bleep** coding for the app. 

0 Kudos
cerda

Jump to solution

Thanks. This did it. I had tried checking for updates, removing and reading the app. Pressing the * key would start the sound after a bit of garbled noise.

- Michael Cerda\
Lockhart, Texas
0 Kudos
AprilTara

Jump to solution

Just started having the same issue with just the YouTube over the weekend although I had been having other audio issues over the past couple of weeks. 

Even though the * trick works to get the audio back, the audio and video aren't in sync.

0 Kudos
jdr19

Jump to solution

Same issue that started yesterday as well and is persisting. I just deleted and added the channel again but no dice. I checked for system update (none), and also Youtube itself (says up to date). Still no sound. If anyone has fixed this, please share the steps you did!! Hope this gets resolved soon!

0 Kudos
trotp3

Jump to solution

Thanks Ddkk!

0 Kudos
GJ1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just go to the main volume on the TV and turn off the leveling. I know this sounds odd but that's what give back the sound to this buggy new update of this YouTube app.

0 Kudos
FtwPops

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with my Onn 40" TV. No problems with the other channels. Seems to issue here and on the web. I've tried updating (didn't need too), deleting and restoring the channel, resetting Roku, uplugging the TV, even restarting my WiFi.  Need a fix soon. 

FtwPops

0 Kudos