Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NiwotColorado
Reel Rookie

No menu or search for Retro Reels

Just signed up and paid for Retro Reels. It works but there doesn't seem to be any menu, or search, etc. Seems like I just have to scroll and scroll through everything. I must be missing something but I can't figure out what. Thank you for any guidance!

8 REPLIES 8
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: No menu or search for Retro Reels

Hi @NiwotColorado
Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on Retro Reels or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing Retro Reels and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
NiwotColorado
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately uninstalling and reinstalling did not work. I don't have this trouble on other Roku channels; only Retro Reels. We see movies available but we don't see any menu, or anyway to search.

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @NiwotColorado

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Retro Reel channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Retro Reel to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,

Lianna

0 Kudos
ginag1

You say to contact Retro Reels directly but where is the contact information? I've just signed up for Retro Reels this evening and I'm experiencing the same problem; no search option.

Thank you

Gina

rachees613

Would you please show us how to contact Retro Reels? Their interface is very frustrating. Thank you!

Lorie3

I have the same problem. The only way I could find a specific movie was to search in Roku's general search function, see that it was available on Retro Reels, and ask to be taken to it. It took a while but it finally started playing it. However, when I stopped for a while and wanted to resume, again the only way I could find it was a Roku search, and the channel had not saved where I was but began at the beginning. I guess I can only watch when I have hours in a row to finish something. The quality for this movie at least is good but my guess is someone got copies of out of copyright movies, but didn't want to pay for software for a good user experience for anyone who wants to choose what to watch. The same company has a few other channels with a similar approach.

Lorie3

This is the website for the owner of Retro Reels: https://marchantmedia.website/ .

Ledoc254
Channel Surfer

I just signed up for retro reels and can confirm the lack of search and navigation features. Well, for just three bucks a month I guess we shouldn't expect state of the art interface. Looks like  using Roku search is the only work around.

0 Kudos