Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: No longer allowed uncertified channels

@Wtfover  Progress means moving forward. You want to go back and change things. If these uncertified channels wanted to progress forward then they would’ve followed the policies that Roku asked of them. you can’t go back if you wanna move forward. if companies can’t keep up with a change in times then they’re gonna be left for dead.

I suppose Google should roll back the changes they made in the PlayStore. They should allow apps back in that were responsible for Android malware 

0 Kudos
Wtfover
Binge Watcher

Re: No longer allowed uncertified channels

@Ello2022 progress means a way forward for new, not closing hole that doesn’t allow progress. Roku should encourage new and better, if not they become Google.

Google should do what they think they need to do to allow progress to move forward safely for everyone. Also you named a the reason I don’t have android. But there are other ways for new apps to get out there in the android world that isn’t Google.

but now this is getting off topic it’s not about the super giant Google. You are comparing apples and oranges. 

Big tech is getting too comfortable with “my way, or the highway” not what it use to be, new and innovative open source platforms that allowed and encouraged free thinking. 

yes I miss the days Usenet and the free Sharing of thought, I miss the Wild West of the old Internet. People knew the risks and would assume the risk levels they were comfortable with. Do I do everything I use to? No, because I have gotten smarter about tech over the decades. But I do miss the options of free thinking. Not this “we know what’s best for you” mentality. Censorship and limitation will never encourage growth. 

this is just another level of the nanny state. 

if people are just comfortable with cookie cutter big tech apps, then so be it, but it doesn’t mean we should limit free thinking for the “1%” as you put it.

0 Kudos
evil-period
Channel Surfer

Roku removing Private/Non-Certified Channels!

Yhey don't give out root on their device and are blatantly abusing code that is released under GNU licenses and then taking away users freedoms.  This is in complete violation of the GNU philosophy and I will no longer be providing this wicked company with any money.

I need something that allows me to use the classic plex (this can currently be installed to roku in developer mode) --- the client is called "rarflix"

Plex (old client) 

Something that might make me reconsider my decision is if someone can provide me with a way to do something like the above for the "CLOC" screensaver; this was the straw that broke my back when I found out there was a fix for it and roku took it away from me completely.

CLOC screensaver weather fix (defunct thanks to roku...)

0 Kudos