Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poker_Dad70
Reel Rookie

Re: No Playback In Canada On Roku Channel

Hi Danny,

That's a fascinating response to a reply. My account was created in Canada and I can see all the channels on Roku. The problem remains that none of them play despite the menu indicating it is available.  

Use this link to see a video of what happens:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fYcvsE8DSnpSPniS7

0 Kudos
waltmania
Reel Rookie

I've seen a ton of these "Your account is not linked to the correct region" responses.  Your solution to create a new account in Canada, my region, factory reset my device, and move forward hoping that it will resolve the problem is COMPLETE BS! .  Another password and account to manage!  I bought the product in Canada, my Hotmail account was one of the first created in CANADA, my ISP is and was Cogeco, - Canadian ISP with Canadian IP address!  I've gone through EVERY SETTING in myRoku account and cannot see anywhere to change the region that it thinks I'm in.  I have four of these devices but I'm quite prepared to recycle them all and get four Firesticks rather than spend hours resetting them and then attaching them to the new account because Roku is too lazy to solve this issue for the many customers that are plagued with this **bleep** programming!  I'm tired of these tech companies sucking up our $ while giving us NO customer service! 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Poker_Dad70 @waltmania

Thanks for the follow up posts.

If you need assistance verifying if your Roku account is setup in the correct region or looking up your account information, please reach out to our Support team directly here for your 'Account, payments & subscriptions' issue. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
blakeaholics
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue, I've factory reset, used a different account, etc but half the channels and none of the movies work with no error code.

Did you ever find a solution?

0 Kudos
waltmania
Reel Rookie

Sadly I have not found a solution. Roku support insists that the only solution is to factory reset and use a 'Canadian account' to login.  This hasn't worked for me either.   Obviously Roku doesn't really care about their Canadian customers,  like many US companies. I just given up and started to buy Amazon Firesticks to replace my 4 Rokus. 

0 Kudos