Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgwhitaker
Streaming Star

Re: No Longer Able to Access Any Channels

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@rgwhitaker 

You can login to your router admin panel by entering the numbers 10.0.0.1 in the address bar of any web browser. (the same place you enter web addresses).  This should open up an Xfinity admin panel.  (admin = admin and password = password).  These are default login credentials if nobody has changed them.

----

Xfinity / Comcast → ( https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi ) with a walkthrough ( https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...)

Feel free to update your progress and if you still need more help. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
r3500vdp
Reel Rookie

I don't think this related to your Roku stick. I have exactly the same issue since last night. Says it is connected but cannot access any channels. 

0 Kudos
rgwhitaker
Streaming Star

When I do that, I get the following:

Welcome to XFINITY Internet

This step is required to get your devices online

Your connection has been activated, but now we need to create your personal Wi-Fi Name and Password.

0 Kudos
rgwhitaker
Streaming Star

Update: Since my Roku stick is a few years old, I went to Walmart this afternoon and purchased a new Roku Streaming Stick 4k+. I brought it home and tried to set it up and received the same issues as my old one: it was unable to connect to the internet. Glad I saved the receipt!

0 Kudos
rgwhitaker
Streaming Star

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!

I can't believe this, but I followed the instructions above and entered 10.0.0.1.

At that point I was prompted to enter a new Wi-Fi name, along with a new password. Essentially, this changed the name of my Wi-Fi network (and password) from the default.

Boom! Problem solved!

Seriously, it was THAT simple! And why would changing my Wi-Fi network name make a difference?

rgwhitaker
Streaming Star

Oh, and thanks to all for your helpful suggestions!

Have a great weekend!

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@rgwhitaker 

Glad you have it fixed.

From the image you sent after initially entering 10.0.0.1 that indicated you needed to complete activation, I think it may have been a combination of the power outage corrupting settings and the Xfinity/Comcast rep you spoke to this AM resetting your network.

By changing your wireless network name and password, basically just refreshed the entire network and gave you a fresh start if the Roku device was having a problem authenticating either the name or password.

Good thing is you now know how to access your router and look for problems. 

Now go stream some movies.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
rgwhitaker
Streaming Star

Thank you.

And I did stream...though not movies, but a show on Britbox!

Have a great day!