Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Re: No History Channel Roku Only

@melenu314  The support is right here. Can you explain your issue in detail please 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TxJester @melenu314

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
beckyland
Reel Rookie

Wow I'm glad I'm not the only one. I just found this thread when I googled my problem. I am also experiencing that it just starts to load the History app but then it fails to load and kicks me back to the Home screen again. My device is a TCL 4-Series Roku TV, model # 50S435.

0 Kudos
beckyland
Reel Rookie

Oh wait I think I actually just figured it out, for me anyway. No clue if this is the same reason anyone else might be having the problem, but I was just looking at all the apps and when it was on History Channel I suddenly noticed it said "cable or satellite required" and our Roku TV is actually not hooked up to our Dish Network receiver. We still have the old TV hooked up to Dish and for right now the Roku TV is only connected to our Internet WIFI. I had figured I could just log in with my Dish user name and password but since it says in the stats for the app that cable or satellite is required I bet that's probably why it won't load then. It's searching for that connection and finding none. Will have to wait until we upgrade our Dish receiver and connect it to the Roku TV to see if that solves the problem.

0 Kudos
Ketchup

I am having the exact same problem, and nothing is fixing it yet 😞

Pretty disappointed with Roku about this honestly. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ketchup,

Welcome to the Roku Community. I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help.

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you being prompted with an error message? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

Once we have this information, I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tarquinio

Same issue for me, History app crashes while trying to load. Have uninstalled the app, restarted and reinstalled the app's

Same issue, in get the "H" logo, spinning  wheel and then dumped back to the home screen. 

0 Kudos
Rtl1313

here’s a video of the issue.  Uninstall and reinstall have been done.  Roku is updated as well

https://youtu.be/BpHfNmVGh-4

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Rtl1313, just checking... when you uninstalled and reinstalled did your reboot/restart your Roku after uninstalling and before reinstalling?  If not, try it again and make sure your restart from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate) before reinstalling.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
KatD

I have the same issue!! Exactly how u describe and have done everything suggested but no luck either. So aggravating!!! I'm so glad I saw ur post though, I thought I was doing something wrong. 

0 Kudos