Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No History Channel Roku Only

@Kmaret 

So you never even got to the point of authenticating it against a TV provider?

What would your TV provider be? A local cable company? A live streaming service? Other?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Kmaret

ATT Uverse. I used to be able to watch any of the channels that are in my plan. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Kmaret 

Has ATT Uverse not converted to DirecTV Stream? I've never used the service, but my understanding was all were converting. Again, I could be mistaken.

My suggestion regardless is to remove all A&E Networks apps, since they can all utilize the Roku Single Sign On (SSO) process. If any of those apps are left on a Roku, it can throw things off.

1. So, remove all A&E Networks apps. Don't miss any.
  2. Reboot all the Roku devices. This clears data from removed apps.
  3. Remove cookies for all A&E Websites on your computer, since that can interfere when re-authenticating.
  4. One at a time, reinstall the A&E Network apps. Start with History. Follow the on-screen instructions for setting up with your Web browser.

If the app works, continue until all A&E Network apps are running again.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Eric_James

I have the same problem and don't even have another  A&E app installed on my Roku device. Can you have seriously thought this would work? Or just a way to look like you were "helping."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Eric_James

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Enderofops

History Channel kicks back to Roku home screen

Yeah roukous about to get thrown in the trash because I can't watch the first episode of season 18 of ancient aliens that I just paid for Philo to get but Philo doesn't have so I download the History app link it with my Philo and every time I play it maybe I get 3 seconds sometimes and it kicks out to the home screen and you guys don't want to fix it so bye-bye Roku

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: History Channel kicks back to Roku home screen

Hi @Enderofops

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on the History channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TxJester

I will install the History channel or A&E network enter the codes then be told I'm not authorized to view the channel and to contact the cable company.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

@TxJester  In order to watch the History channel or the A&E channel you need to log in with your tv provider credentials 

0 Kudos
melenu314

I have the same issues and cannot find any support from ROKU  Mobdro

0 Kudos