Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richd-Den
Channel Surfer

No Dolby Vision on Prime Video

I just purchased a ROKU Ultra. Now I see Amazon is supporting Dolby Vision but it is not processing, just HDR.

It doesn't look like anyone has an answer for this? 

Thank you,

Rich

12 REPLIES 12
AJCxZ0
Streaming Star

Re: No Dolby Vision on Prime Video

@Richd-Den, while not wishing to sound cynical, our experience with a very similar issue with the HBO Max app suggests that neither Roku nor the app developers have any inclination to engage with us here (or anywhere else of which I'm aware) to even acknowledge the existence of such failures. The Roku staff who do the thankless task of administering the forums either can't or won't provide any details when there are platform issues such as this - even after they have been resolved and all relevant details are known.

In my experience this remains the norm for vendors in the entertainment electronics business with a few rare and notable exceptions.

0 Kudos
Richd-Den
Channel Surfer

Re: No Dolby Vision on Prime Video

Thank you JimO. Now the trick is to get someone's attention to fix the problem.

I noticed earlier in this string that ROKU doesn't respond to these posts.

Rich

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No Dolby Vision on Prime Video Version 14.0 build 2022072121

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but need more information. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BIslander
Channel Surfer

Re: No Dolby Vision on Prime Video Version 14.0 build 2022092823

Just got an Ultra LT and all is fine except for no Dolby Vision on any Prime Video programs that have it. DV comes up just fine on other apps like Netflix, Disney+, and AppleTV.

4801RW – Roku Ultra

X01000YT97WD

S0DD329T97WD

11.5.0 build 4235-DE

Prime Video 14.0 build 2022092823

I do not haver a tracker number as the steps of pressing home 5 times and back 5 times just returns me to home.

0 Kudos
AJCxZ0
Streaming Star

Re: No Dolby Vision on Prime Video Version 14.0 build 2022072121

@RokuDanny-R,

Thanks for following up. Rather than provide all the details of my four Rokus* which should play Dolby Vision titles in Dolby Vision on Amazon Prime Video but don't because an update broke the app (as happened with HBO MAX), could we please skip to the part in which we provide irrelevant details to the part where we are still waiting for months for the change to the app which broke the feature to be fixed or reverted with no useful response from Roku or the app developer?

What would be really nice this time would be to have someone from Roku or the app developer actually acknowledge that they broke it and set our expectations for when it will be fixed here.

*[I would like to update the list of devices in My Roku Devices, but still can find no way to do so.]

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BIslander

Thanks for the post and providing us with your device information that we requested.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TallGuy91
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R 

Just wanted to add that I'm also having this issue on my Hisense Roku TV. Dolby Vision content on other streaming apps works fine, but on Prime Video shows like Rings of Power that are supposed to be available in Dolby Vision only play in HDR10.

Device model: Hisense 55R8+

Serial #: X00100LMMS4D

Device ID: S02470DMMS4D

OS version: 11.5.0, build 4312-94

Prime Video version 14.1, build 2022120820

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TallGuy91

Thanks for the post and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AJCxZ0
Streaming Star

@RokuDanny-R As one of the few Roku folks who do anything to help us, I appreciate you passing this along.

At the same time I was again disappointed when watching season 3 of "Jack Ryan", which is advertised as having Dolby Vision, that this is still broken and we still have not even an acknowledgement of this well-understood and obviously platform-wide problem two months after it was reported, made even worse if this is actually the first time that "the appropriate Roku team" is being advised of this problem and even worser if they don't already know.

PS. I thought by previous reply was to your post, and it shows up below, but your post shows as being made "3 hours ago".

0 Kudos