Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akaussie
Reel Rookie

No 4K movies/television shows on Paramount Plus Roku Streaming Stick 4K, model 3820R

I am using a Roku Streaming Stick 4K, model 3820R and I do not see 4K resolution movies/tv shows available on the Paramount+ App, all movies/shows only show up to HD video format.  I am located in the US and am subscribed to the Paramount Plus Premium plan.  I am on Roku OS 11.5.

I am able to see 4k movies presented in the Paramount+ app on a fire tv stick.

Is the Roku Streaming Stick 4K, model 3820R able to do 4K movies on Paramount+?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: No 4K movies/television shows on Paramount Plus Roku Streaming Stick 4K, model 3820R

Hi @akaussie

Welcome to Roku Support. 

We understand that you want to stream 4K Movies on the Paramount+ channel on your Roku Streaming Stick 4K. Based on our information, 4K streaming is dependent on several factors, including the content provider, your internet speed, and the capabilities of your device. To better understand if the device is capable of 4K movies and if there are any specific requirements, we recommend visiting our support page at How to set up your Roku streaming player for 4K Ultra HD. This page provides comprehensive information on the capabilities of the device and the requirements for 4K streaming. 

If you require further assistance, let us know. We're here to help.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
akaussie
Reel Rookie

Re: No 4K movies/television shows on Paramount Plus Roku Streaming Stick 4K, model 3820R

To simplify the question - does the Roku Streaming Stick 4K, model 3820R have the ability to stream 4k content via the Paramount Plus app?  I am able to stream 4k content on other apps such as HBOMax and Amazon Prime.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@akaussie wrote:

To simplify the question - does the Roku Streaming Stick 4K, model 3820R have the ability to stream 4k content via the Paramount Plus app?  I am able to stream 4k content on other apps such as HBOMax and Amazon Prime.

Hi there! Not all content on Paramount+ is available in 4K, and you must have a Premium plan. Learn more here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/PD-Which-video-and-audio-streaming-formats-are-supported-fo...

As long as your Roku player and your TV support 4K, the question is better answered by the channel partner. The channel partners host and manage the format of the content they own, not Roku. 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
akaussie
Reel Rookie

I realize not all content is available in 4k.

For 4k content which is available - say Top Gun Maverick - does the Streaming Stick 4K, model 3820R have the ability to play 4k content from Paramount Plus?  Is it a "supported device" as mentioned in the Paramount plus page you linked to?

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@akaussie wrote:

I realize not all content is available in 4k.

For 4k content which is available - say Top Gun Maverick - does the Streaming Stick 4K, model 3820R have the ability to play 4k content from Paramount Plus?  Is it a "supported device" as mentioned in the Paramount plus page you linked to?

Correct, they support 4K on Roku devices. Go ahead and reach out directly to the channel partner for help. Your subscription is through them and they manage the viewing format. 

Contact them here.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos