Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevejv429
Channel Surfer

Nfl app Error 403 Forbidden

As many others have posted (tho it seems its been a while), live programming on NFL app has suddenly been "403 Forbidden". 

Been 24 hours so far.

I have deleted- restarted- reinstalled & still nothing.

It also seemed to have happened at the same time the Sunday Ticket app was updated (?) & moved on my homescreen. Coincidence? 

19 REPLIES 19
TonyV
Reel Rookie

Re: NFL App gives Error Code 403 Forbidden

I started to get the “403 forbidden” message a few weeks ago when attempting to access any NFL Network content on all 4 of my Roku devices. I can access NFL+ via the app but not the NFL Network. I can access both on my iPhone and iPad with no problems. Nothing I tried works. This kind of ridiculous, don’t you think!

Any new ideas from the community?

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Nfl app Error 403 Forbidden

Hi @Stevejv429,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel, that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach NFL support here

Please stay safe and healthy, we thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
KsMaddog

Some NFL games showed the error code.  Others did not.  None of the suggestions made here worked until I changed from SlingTv to Paramount+. the tv coverage worked perfectly after I made that change. 

0 Kudos
Amante63
Channel Surfer

Paramount ➕️ app & NFL on Roku

NFL started today and trying to watch it on paramount + through roku device keep getting a error and will not play, everything else works great through paramount on my roku device. Tv shows, movies, live tv ie soccer games, news... just not the NFL games.  But when I watch the paramount + app through my LG smart tv NFL games play with no issues. I have reset my router, reset my roku device, removed paramount + app and reinstalled it, nothing helps. What is wrong with roku device/system that it will not allow the NFL game to stream, this is happening on all 3 of my roku devices and my roku tv. Please help!!! Error: Unfortunately, an error occurred during playback. Please try again. 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Nfl app Error 403 Forbidden

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe that this issue has been resolved. If you are still experiencing problems with NFL, we would recommend running an update on your device by navigating to Settings > System > System update > Check now.

We hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MADSOFA

Nothing fixes the messed up app error code on the NFL Network channel. This has been going on for many months. Are you developers really that ignorant of the problem?

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @MADSOFA

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Does the issue only occur on NFL or across other channels installed on your Roku device? 

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

I have this issue, and from what I can tell it's because you can't be logged in to multiple providers at the same time on the NFL app. I get FOX games through Sling TV but CBS games through Paramount+. 

The only way I've found to switch is to go to Settings > Providers and log out/in of whatever service is providing the game I want to watch. A little annoying, but the QR code simplifies things a bit. 

Hope that helps for some of you. 

0 Kudos
Theocat13

@Jlbennett428 

I just tried this and it still doesn't work, we've tried all the above ideas too 

0 Kudos