Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DoubleDee
Reel Rookie

NewsOn app failing to run

I am hoping there is a solution to the NewsOn app failing to run? I followed makaiguy tips but still can't use the app. Something turned a five star app into junk.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: NewsOn app failing to run

Hello @DoubleDee

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
2. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
3. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? Have you removed the channel, restart the device the add the channel back? Note: Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.
4. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot any channel playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
DoubleDee
Reel Rookie

Hi Karla,

Same type of issue showed up with Tubi TV.
My issue was using Breezeline Plume Home Pass "ad block beta" .
I hope I didn't waste anyone's time.  Maybe this will help you or someone else.

Thank you,
Double Dee
0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @DoubleDee

Thanks for the post.

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.
What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos