Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HankB
Channel Surfer

NewsMax-TV no longer works ?

Jump to solution

On Friday Oct-2nd using Roku-Streaming-Stick+ I tried to access NewsMax-TV at 6:00PM Eastern (as I've done every weekday for the last several months) BUT the stream no longer works and the NewsMax-TV tile does not appear in the Live-TV grouping.  Same problem on each of our 3 TVs.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions how to get it back? THANK YOU!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HankB
Channel Surfer

Re: NewsMax-TV no longer works ?

Jump to solution

OK .... I was able to resolve the problem (hopefully it keeps working).  Originally I would access NewMax-TV by using my remote and going to Roku Channel then selecting NewsMax from the Live-TV options.

What I just now did was pull out my trusty laptop and signed-in to My-Roku-Account .. then went to Channel-Store ... found NewMax-TV and "added the Channel".  It then appreared as it's own choice on the main Roku screen on each of my 3 TVs.

I'll mark the problem "solved" (hope it remains solved) ... 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
37 REPLIES 37
JTDixon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. When I search in the "add channel" area, I see Newsmax, I select it to addit back in and nothing happens.

Did you find a resolution to the problem?

0 Kudos
HankB
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No ... I have not yet found or heard solution or explanation.  What's most troublesome is that it worked fine for months ..... just stopped working last Friday.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku just started rolling out the version 9.4 update to its operating software.  If all of you people ran into this problem at the same time, I'm wondering if you may all have been the "lucky" ones to get this update from version 9.3. 

If NewsMax doesn't even show in your channel store, I'm wondering if NewsMax has their app hard-coded for the Roku versions it will run on, and they haven't updated it to run on 9.4 yet.

Settings > System > About will tell you the version of Roku software you have.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
HankB
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

OK .... I was able to resolve the problem (hopefully it keeps working).  Originally I would access NewMax-TV by using my remote and going to Roku Channel then selecting NewsMax from the Live-TV options.

What I just now did was pull out my trusty laptop and signed-in to My-Roku-Account .. then went to Channel-Store ... found NewMax-TV and "added the Channel".  It then appreared as it's own choice on the main Roku screen on each of my 3 TVs.

I'll mark the problem "solved" (hope it remains solved) ... 🙂

0 Kudos
KathyG

Jump to solution

Newsmax stopped showing up in my streaming channels menu on Friday Oct 2. I tried adding it from the store and at first thought it worked, but I still don't have access to live tv. Just pre recorded shows. Frustrating

0 Kudos
GinaMarie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Its very frustrating.  How can I get Newsmax back ??

0 Kudos
HankB
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If you are seeing the previously broadcast shows (which can be streamed later) then you should also see a narrow vertical Menu on the left side: Home-TV Live - Schedule - TV Shows - Special Programs - Search - About.

Using Remote I used left-arrow and went down to TV-Live choice and hit OK.

If you don't get the menu then I don't have a suggestion.  Hope this helps.

Hisgrace56

Jump to solution

we didn't subscribe to the other channels that are readily available why Newsmax I believe Roku has turned left and making it difficult.

Twolfe1209

Jump to solution

Having the same problem today, Nov 30, 2020. I went to watch Newsmax through Roku and even though the vertical menu was there and I chose Live TV, nothing changed. Extremely frustrating! Sent an email to Newsmax, but I don’t expect to hear back since i can watch it on other devices, even though I would prefer watching on the Tv. Terry