Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rubio351
Reel Rookie

Re: NewsMax-TV no longer works ?

Jump to solution

I've been using Newsmax as a standalone icon and it stopped working a couple of days ago. Luckily I can watch it on my smart TV though. I did notice that the menu had changed when it stopped working so must be related to some update. I'm afraid to reinstall since they took Spectrum off the menu...afraid to not be able to get it back. 

0 Kudos
skyvalleyhgrprz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

FYI Reinstalled NewsMax app on our Roku today without any trouble.  The Live TV is still not coming back, but the app opens and displays the programs now.

0 Kudos
GiaJan

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue.  I can watch through Pluto tv, though.  

Will Roku answer through this forum?

0 Kudos
skyvalleyhgrprz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same here missing episodes

Missing episodes todays date 6/21/21Missing episodes todays date 6/21/21

Deleted and re added channel no effect.seems like censorship

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Nothappylately

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's content and availability, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LEJ

Jump to solution

Updated episodes stopped 6/15/21 for Spicer and Greg Kelly and 6/10 for John Backman.  The others are ok.  ONLY on ROKU.  Works fine on Apple TV. Are you saying this is a Newsmax issue??

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LEJ,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, however I have a smart TV...I'm able to get Newsmax Live accessing from the Internet.    I bookmarked it and I'm able to access with no issues.      I don't need You Tube, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

0 Kudos
JK13

NewsMax-TV no longer works for live streaming, only older episodes

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. I went to  NewsMax and now all I get is previous older news episodes. This morning I had live, now I do not. I went to the side bar menu too and clicked live tv, nothing. I went to my computer where I installed it on Roku and it is still there.

Roku no longer has live support which is extremely disappointing.

What else to do? I want live NewsMax.

0 Kudos