Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bvd1022
Roku Guru

Netflix stalling both on UI and Playback, Causing Reboots on JVC Roku TV

Hi,

I would like to report an issue I am having with the Netflix app on my JVC Roku TV. 

What will happen is upon launching the app, the UI will be very slow, stall, and at times freeze. When I do try to play a title, there are times where the playback will stall, skip, and freeze. There are also times when the issues will cause the TV to reboot. 

My JVC Roku TV is a 2020 model Model number: C803X

Device ID: SO6TCO926SS4

I can also report that this issue does not happen on my standalone Roku players and seems to be affecting only this TV, but Netflix is the only app experiencing this issue.

The current version of Netflix on the TV is version 5.1 build 105088011 and was last updated according to the channel store on September 8th. The Firmware on the TV is currently running version 11.0.0 Build 4193 and was installed on May 3rd. I update the software daily to ensure everything as far as apps are updated, but this has been an issue for a while, but only affecting Netflix. 

I have tried the give us feedback button on the Netflix icon a few times by pressing the * button on my remote, but I figured since I cannot get an update on whether the issue was being addressed that I would try this. Although I wanted to reach out to Netflix directly about this, I want to cover my bases and figured my first line of communication whenever I have had issues with Roku devices through the last decade has always been to go to Roku first, so this is what I am doing. I have also tried the uninstall/reboot/reinstall approach, but this does not seem to solve the issue with this apparent bug.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Netflix stalling both on UI and Playback, Causing Reboots on JVC Roku TV

hi

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @bvd1022

We do apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

If the problem occurs from one channel after removing the app, restarting the Roku TV, and reinstalling the channel, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 
Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here: Netflix Contact Us

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Hello My name is Deshika Woodruff I bought this tv in April. I have the receipt I can hear what is going on with the channels but the tv I can not see the screen. I was hoping that something can be done. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Janniesmith-78

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

For clarification, are you experiencing the issue on a Roku TV? If yes, have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos