Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Netflix plays movie before i click the play button

Jump to solution

Interesting that NetFlix support even acknowledged the issue - most of the time they play dumb, though its been reported to them for years.

Perhaps if someone semi-notable goes on a Twitter rant about the "autoplay on details" issue and its impact on their specific "diverse" existence, somehow within a few days it'll be a new autoplay option...

0 Kudos
stync

Jump to solution

This problem happens on a new TV w/ Roku I purchased.  It did not happen on the TV I was using last week.  I contacted (chat) Netflix support and it took 90 minutes of troubleshooting before the agent wanted me to restate what I was reporting … and then told me that was expected behavior and couldn't be changed.  It took another 30 minutes to chat with a supervisor. 

Note to self: don't contact Netflix support again!

Gpeirce
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I know you already have your answer and everyone is correct.  If you are looking at the splash page of what the movie is all about, it will start playing.  Probably designed by young people who are impatient and are quick to read and don't like long delays in anything. 

0 Kudos