Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JG77
Binge Watcher

Netflix only playback issue

Hello 

I am having a problem with Netflix only on my Roku stick. Netflix opens and works just fine until you play a title. It plays for maybe 10 seconds and then the video just freezes. You can start it again by pressing play on the remote. But it just freezes again after another 10 seconds or so. I have tried everything. Power off 5 min. Power on.  Update the channel, delete and reinstall the channel. Remove the connection, add the connection. Restart modem and router. Factory reset of Roku device. Nothing works. It is only Netflix on the Roku I have the problem with. The other channels work fine. Netflix also works fine on my iPad. Thoughts? 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Netflix only playback issue

@JG77 

It does sound like there' something about that Netflix app that's a problem. And, since others aren't having those issues, there's something about it on your device. There could be some glitch that happened during the install of the app, or stray data associated with the app. So, let's try clearing that out. Here are the steps. Don't rearrange the order, or skip any.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

If it's a data issue with the app, this may clear it up.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
JG77
Binge Watcher

@DBDukes  That did not work. 👎🏼

0 Kudos
JG77
Binge Watcher

Netflix only playback issue @DBDukes  Nope. Still freezing up

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@JG77

Appreciate the update.

Could you try restarting your Roku device from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart. Some users have reported that the steps above sometimes resolve their channel issues. 

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JG77
Binge Watcher

@RokuKariza-D  Tried it. That did not work. The Netflix only is still freezing. Every other channel works fine. Your solution did not resolve the issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@JG77

Thanks for the reply.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here: Netflix Help Center

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JG77
Binge Watcher

@RokuKariza-D  They said it  should be working. Since nobody else is having the issue 

0 Kudos
BearKolesnik
Reel Rookie

We're having this issue as well, so its not just you.

0 Kudos
JG77
Binge Watcher

@BearKolesnik 

Well. How can many people be experiencing the problem..yet nobody has a solution? Is everyone just sitting there with their remote hitting the play button every 10 seconds so they can watch their show?

0 Kudos