Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NancyD1
Channel Surfer

Re: Netflix freezes on Roku Ultra

I have the same problem.  It has gotten worse over the last several weeks.  I don't think it is the Roku, because we use Roku for several other channels, including Acorn, ESPN, VIX, Paramount, etc., but the problem is ONLY on Netflix.

We talked to Netflix and they are trying to say it is the broadband.  I also don't think this is the case.  The problem is with Netflix, in my opinion, and only they know what is happening.  If this keeps up they are going to lose subscriptions.

0 Kudos
UltraPerson
Reel Rookie

The problem remains for me. I now watch Netflix from the app on my phone and screencast that to my television.

The Netflix app on my Roku Ultra is basically useless.

0 Kudos
NancyD1
Channel Surfer

Just a postscript to my last post above, we don't have a Roku Ultra.  Our model is older.

0 Kudos
NancyD1
Channel Surfer

I have to change my previous reply that I don't think it's Roku.  It IS Roku.

I have a Roku 3900K on the downstairs TV, which started buffering, freezing, etc., with Netflix about a month ago.  

It took me all this time to go upstairs and try the Roku on the small TV - a Roku 3.  Netflix works perfectly with that.

So what is Roku doing about this?

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @NancyD1

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
mkbnj
Streaming Star

No that does not work. I've had this issue for three months now. Not resolved. Considering Apple, Amazon or Google. This is very disappointing, I have four Roku devices and been a customer for ten years.

0 Kudos
NancyD1
Channel Surfer

Thank you, Roku, for reaching out.  This solution worked for me.  We got through last night without any problems.  I will wait to see if your reset suggestions continue to work.

I need to add that I do not have a Roku Ultra, so my situation might be mor easily resolved than those with the Ultra Model.

0 Kudos
horrocks
Channel Surfer

I just started having Netflix unable to connect issues using my 2022 Roku Ultra. I tried everything mentioned pn this thread and no luck.  Netflix is fine with my Streambar Pro. Help!!!

0 Kudos
cbtech

I have the same problem (4670X model) only with Netflix and only with that model, Roku2 HD works fine with Netflix. I agree, the problem is with Roku not with Netflix.

I have deleted, reinstall Netflix, did a factory reset, etc. All other channels work fine, the problem happens only with Netflix and only on that Roku model.

Any ideas Roku? (besides the ones that don't work)

0 Kudos
horrocks
Channel Surfer

I called Netflix last night and they are aware of the issue and are working on it they say.  They said the problem started with the last update. 

0 Kudos