Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JammasterC

NFL app not loading on Roku box

NFL app on all my 4 Roku boxes gives a Terms of Service/Privacy Policy reading requirement but there's nothing to scroll of click! NFL app works fine on iPad and iPhone. 

Deleted/reinstalled app, restarted everything. No update available V5 Build 44, even though I saw one possibly was.

Anyone else?

33 REPLIES 33
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NFL app not loading on Roku box

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart** your Roku to clear its memory cache BEFORE reinstalling the channel. Did you do this? Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model number you'll find the "System restart" option under either "Settings > System > Power" or under "Settings > System". If you don't have sufficient control to use the menus, or if it is just more convenient, you can also restart by pulling the power plug for a short while, then plugging it back in.

**On a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on only puts you in/out of a low power standby state, it does NOT give you a complete restart. Use the methods above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
HBowen
Channel Surfer

I’m having the same issue, even with trying the suggestion above!

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Not seeing this here.  Also Version 5, Build 44.

Wonder if this could be device specific?  I checked this on an older Streaming Stick 3600 and a somewhat newer Streaming Stick+ 3810.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
HBowen
Channel Surfer

I have a Roku Express 4K+ and it is still happening almost a week later with multiple resets, but isn’t an issue with any other app. Of course the NFL+ subscription only has a customer service via email that has thus far been very unhelpful and barely responsive. Thankfully we can airplay, but it’s still annoying. 

0 Kudos
HBowen
Channel Surfer

Forgot to mention, mine says it’s version 12.0.0, build 4184. No updates available. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HBowen,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be happy to help you further with the NFL channel issue that you're experiencing. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting Check for updates.

If the problem still persists, we recommend contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If there's anything else that we can do to help you, please let us know.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Steph313

Same problem.  NFL legal screen comes up with new legal terms to accept.  Screen will not accept.  No navigation possible on the screen.  Tried deleting channel, restart system, reload channel.  No Joy

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @Steph313!

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your playback issues with the NFL TV app on the Roku streaming platform. 

Kindly refer to @RokuJohnB's resolution. If no avail. We highly suggest reaching out to the Customer Support of the app for further advice. Please be aware that most apps and channels on the Roku platform are being created, maintained, and updated independently by the channel providers themselves. You can also contact their direct line at 800-635-5300.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with aside from this or feel free to create a new thread for different concerns. Thanks for understanding. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
swwood01
Reel Rookie

I am 9 in the order of folks adressing this problem. All 3 suggestions, done in orde, did not work.  The NFL digital phone number listed previously gave instructions to report OUR issue.  However, the instructions given by said phone number did not match our options available on ANDROID or WINDOWS or regardless of trying either the App or .com to report OUR problem.  Simply put: I did not have an option to send an email to report OUR problem.  WE seem to have no way to contact the NFL when we have a viewing problem.  This doesn't stop a $5 price hike, though.