Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RK_KC
Channel Surfer

NFL Network kicks me out Roku home screen every hour. Now live tv option is gone

Jump to solution

Since NFL network updated to a new version a week or two ago, it now kicks me out back to Roku home screen every hour. After kicking me out tonight about 45 minutes into the New England game, the live tv option is now gone.

I cannot continue to watch the NFL game without game pass. I'm signed into NFL channel through spectrum and its working fine on cable. This channel is now a disaster since releasing new version. Model #4662x s/n 04607D670624 roku ultra lt

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: NFL Network kicks me out Roku home screen every hour. Now live tv option is gone

Jump to solution

There was a new version of the NFL app (5.0.2) released this afternoon (8/12).

Try reinstalling the app:

1. Remove the NFL app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)
  2. RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!
  3. Re-install the NFL app

(If you dont restart, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

Otherwise, as before, contact NFL.com about the app.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: NFL Network kicks me out Roku home screen every hour. Now live tv option is gone

Jump to solution

There was a new version of the NFL app (5.0.2) released this afternoon (8/12).

Try reinstalling the app:

1. Remove the NFL app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)
  2. RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!
  3. Re-install the NFL app

(If you dont restart, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

Otherwise, as before, contact NFL.com about the app.

0 Kudos
RK_KC
Channel Surfer

NFL Network kicks me out Roku home screen every hour. Now live tv option is gone

Jump to solution

Followed steps, nothing changed. Screens looks the same and I still cannot watch live tv after signing in with my spectrum cable account. Probably still kicks me out every hour, but I can't use it to find out.

99X
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm also having this issue with my Roku and NFL app.  This is also happening on my xbox one app.  I think the NFL streaming app is to blame on both devices

StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm just wondering if the NFL Network is a pay station or not. For some frustrating reason, Roku's "Channel Store" doesn't say which channels are free & which are pay. For the NFL it says something like "their may be additional charges".  Well, great, that's no help. Why don't they just list the cost of all pay channels?

0 Kudos
aengel7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Having same issue. I have even tried a new roku with ethernet connection and it still locks up every half hour or so and displays spinning wheel with 33%. Its very frustrating. Happened after that disastrous update about a month ago. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@aengel7

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue? When do you see this issue occur?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aengel7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Every 15-20 minutes the NFL app live nfl network locks up and I get a spinning wheel 33% screen. I have to leave the app and go back in.  

this never happened until the latest update and I have no issues with any other steaming app on roku. I have tried everything including replacing the modem. I was getting 300 mbs and it continued doing the same thing. I purchased the latest roku that connects to5.0 wireless or direct Ethernet connection… same issue. It’s very frustrating. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@aengel7

Thanks for the follow up.

Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more, specifically in that order.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aengel7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi

yes I tried all of that. As I mentioned, I even purchased a new roku but the app still crashes every 20 minutes or so.