Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFL App: Issue with TV Provider login

I keep trying to login to my TV provider to stream games. It has been working fine until now, and when I login, the website says “success” and gives the message that my login worked. My TV will not respond though, and it keeps staying on the provider login screen. Why is it doing this?

6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: NFL App: Issue with TV Provider login

Hi @yaboyjordan

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove NFL then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
MidwestMN

I have had this same issue and reseting the app and logging out of everything and strating over has the same outcome. It says connected but it never does just sits on the code page. 

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @MidwestMN

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the NFL channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting NFL Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,

Lianna

0 Kudos

It's not the channels. I can watch NFL channel on my phone or other devices, just not Roku.  

Lam11

Me too. Might just buy another channel and give up on nfl

Strega
Roku Guru

@judgejoebrown wrote:

It's not the channels. I can watch NFL channel on my phone or other devices, just not Roku.  

Roku uses the word “channel” in the way that most of us use “app”.  The NFL channel/app on the Roku platform is developed by the NFL, not Roku.  This is true for most other Roku channel/apps as well.

This modern streaming world is pretty complicated for content providers since they have to write apps for many platforms, while still providing video to the cable companies as they have for decades.

0 Kudos