Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spoolin7
Reel Rookie

Re: NBC channel: How to fix 'CloudpathError' on Roku

I have removed the channel and reinstalled it, as well as log out and sign back in with the same results. Even logged out, removed it, reinstalled it and then signed back in. 

still will play a few into the next show and then go blank with the cloudpath error message pops up. Says go back or ok and it takes you to the guide and you select the show and if you click on it too soon will show the cloud path error again, so have to wait like 30-45 seconds and then will take me to the show I wanna watch. Which of course makes you miss the first minute or so and on some shows, that’s the whole gist of the what the show is about or the episode is trying to solve. 

frustrating. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Spoolin7,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach NBC support here

We appreciate your patience regarding this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pepper2

Re: Problem using NBC app on Roku

Hi!  Thanks for saying all that.  I'm new to all of this so bare with me.  Do I need anything other than Roku live and pay for the NBC app to watch jeopardy and wheel after Lester Holt?  I live in Oregon on the west coast.  Thanks for sharing.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Problem using NBC app on Roku

@Pepper2
Thanks for the inquiry.

If you the content that you want to watch is only on the NBC app, you would just need a subscription to that channel and should be good to go!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I can’t open up my nbc show that I miss last Wednesday Chicago med and Fire

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DarleneHoffman,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MikiK
Reel Rookie

I’m having this problem too. I basically only watch MSNBC in the NBC app so I’m not sure if it would happen on the other channels. I get 2 cloudpath errors, one is cloudpath authorizationNIP and the other is cloudpath and something about parental controls? I don’t have any sort of parental controls set for NBC or the Roku at all. You have to say “ok” and then it takes me to the live channel guide. Sometimes it works if I click the show but I usually have to go all the way out and to something like Netflix and then go back to the NBC app and try again. It always happens at 8:00 for the Chris Hayes show and I end up missing the 1st 5 minutes. Very frustrating!! 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MikiK

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried the troubleshooting steps recommended by @RokuMary-F in her last response?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Help me fix my roku channel

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @1Addleigh1Elisa

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos