Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
domd
Streaming Star

Re: NBC SPORTS APP Error Code: Cloudpath ErrorRetransUserMVPDBlacklisted

Jump to solution

we can try. I couldn’t find a good way to contact them about this other than through nbc. Let me know if you find a way. 

Amyw717
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Larryd224 from my understanding it’s all cable providers and all regions. I’ve seen various people across the country post that they’re unable to watch their local sports, and it seems there are various cable providers. So it seems to me it’s affecting everyone who uses NBC Sports on Roku

Alexs52
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Amyw717 

Just emailed NBC Sports basically saying this is an issue with just Roku and their NBC Sports app, not my provider or my internet or restarting the device, etc. so hopefully that will help bring more traction to the issue.

I am a Verizon customer in the Philadelphia area but it seems there are multiple regions and providers. Definitely a Roku app issue because I was previously able to watch the Sixers play from my apartment in CT and at my home in PA. Still can watch the Sixers on my computer and phone in CT so if it was a blacklist error I assume I couldn’t watch any Philly sports while in CT on any device. Currently can’t watch Philly sports on my Roku in CT or the one in PA. Not sure about other sports, but it’s really annoying because even if you pay a monthly fee for NBA league pass, you can’t use NBA league pass to watch Sixers games because NBC sports Philadelphia is covering it. 

Larryd224
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes, agree ...I can log in with Amazon Firestick....and no issue.....only when I log in with Roku 4k stick or my Roku TV....something changed when NBC updated their Sports App format....we need help from Roku to work with NBC for a fix....my provider is Verizon.....is this happening with other cable providers like COMCAST etc,   ?????

0 Kudos
Alexs52
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Larryd224 I’m not too sure about other providers, people are saying yes but everything I’ve read so far in this thread is Verizon customers in Philly, except for one person in California.

Last night I was able to watch the sixers game by playing it on my iPhone and using AirPlay on the Roku. The quality is good and sound was through TV. Just annoying to spend the time to set up and I can’t use my phone at the same time

ernieba1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Maybe Verizon is the one we should be complaining to, since we're paying them for the content, and they're paying NBC for the licensing fee.

Another non-Roku solution is to use this link and watch on your computer: https://www.nbc.com/live-upcoming

SaraDfromSC
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm Verizon in the DC metro area. I've been watching content through my Firestick and that's been working

blufortwo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The problem with the cating method is that you have to leave the app open on your phone and can't do anything else on it while casting (at least that's how mine works). Also, that works on a roku tv for us but the we also use a tv in another part of our house with an attached roku device (probably old) that does work with casting from an iPhone. 

Alexs52
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I really think NBC Sports needs to update their Roku app again to fix this issue. It might be an issue within the app where it won’t work with live Verizon games but Verizon can’t fix that, NBC Sports needs to fix their app. I don’t get why they keep telling people to contact Verizon, can’t they just go fix their own app? Whoever the app developer is needs to at least go look at the code for their app before they point at someone else to fix the issue. (I’m assuming NBC develops the app but if they don’t it’s the responsibility of whoever does)

ernieba1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The issue is we're not NBC customers, so they're not beholden to us. We're not paying them anything. We're paying Verizon, and Verizon is paying NBC, so they are beholden to Verizon (and Verizon to us).

But of course we're also Roku customers, and they could do a much better job working with NBC to resolve this issue, since we paid for their product.