Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My home Screen is stuck on Live TV

My TV screen is stuck on Live TV. We touched the app by accident and now cannot get the Home button on our Roku 4K voice remote to work. When we use voice we can get to Netflix, etc. but we cannot navigate or even see the Home Screen so therefore cannot see the Settings or any other buttons, If we ask through voice to open Settings, we are told that is not supported. We have unplugged everything, restarted our modem, unplugged the HDMI (put did not put in into a different HDMI yet which we will do tomorrow because I cannot move our TV and have to wait until the husband is home to do that) but have changed the batteries in the remote. It's just nuts to me, but then I'm an old woman who knows little about electronics. Like I said I can use the Roku remote through voice but I hate not being able to open the home screen like I used to be able to do.  I can barely see in the background behind the Live TV stuff ( which btw cannot be moved with the buttons on the remote to right, left and will not play anything on Live TV it just sits there like a dummy) all the apps that would normally be on the Home screen.  Any help would be most welcome.  Annie

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: My home Screen is stuck on Live TV

Hi @Archangels2023 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

For starters, we suggest you try disconnecting your Roku device from the power source. If still no dice, try performing a factory reset by following the steps below: 

1. On the back or bottom of each Roku device is a reset button. On some devices, there is a tactile button, while other devices have a pinhole button. 
  2. If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paperclip to perform the factory reset.
  3. Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for about 10 seconds. The indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.

For more information, check out this Support article: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku® streaming device

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My home Screen is stuck on Live TV

@Archangels2023-

It is normally reported that for a Factory Reset of a Roku device, the reset button must be depressed for at least 30 seconds.   Less than that gets you a restart, not a reset.

I'd suggest trying just a restart first, as in many cases, just like a computer, a restart is all it takes to fix a problem.

I'd save a Factory reset as a last resort.  After a Factory reset you'll have to set the unit up as though it were a new unit right out of the box.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos