Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VM21

My Roku Express 4K+ Home screen is blank. It used to display streaming channels to click on.

My Home screen is blank.  Doesn't display streaming channels to click on, and when I click on Streaming Channels on the left side of home screen, I also get a blank screen.  Is there some way to reset?  The Roku.com website says my device is not eligible for me to get help from one of their agents.  So now the only way I can get even Netflix is to use the Netflix button on my remote.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: My Roku Express 4K+ Home screen is blank. It used to display streaming channels to click on.

Hello @VM21 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos