Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatMyers
Channel Surfer

Movie cut off just before end of program

Jump to solution

I was watching the Sherlock Holmes movie "Hound of the Baskervilles" and right at the last few minutes of the movie, it just ended, and went back to the menu screen.  In other words, you don't get to watch the end of the movie and find out how it all comes out.  Tried fast forwarding to the point the movie stopped, and again it just goes back to the menu screen.  The "resume viewing" option is there, but also showed "0 minutes", which was exactly right.  Select that, and it goes right back to the menu screen.  It is as if the last 10 minutes of the movie were deleted.  Very annoying and not what I paid for.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Movie cut off just before end of program

Jump to solution

@PatMyers

Thanks for the reply.

In some cases, removing the channel then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Moreover, if the issue continues from one content within a channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific content that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @PatMyers

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Could you tell us where you are accessing the affected movie? Have you checked other contents to see if the same issue will persist? Please let us know. With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
PatMyers
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sorry.  Can't believe I left that out.  The movie was on the "Classic Reel" streaming service.  I'd seen a few movies on that service that appeared to have been "chopped up" (segments arbitrarily cut out), but never had the end of a movie just cut off like that.  Ended up having to rent the same movie on Amazon for $7 just to see how it ended.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@PatMyers

Thanks for the reply.

In some cases, removing the channel then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Moreover, if the issue continues from one content within a channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific content that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Pollywise

Jump to solution

This just happened to me and was on the roku movie app.. now it won’t let me play the movie and wants to charge me again and I can’t find anyone to get in touch with! I either would like to see the end of the movie or get a refund.. can you please advise! Ty

0 Kudos
PatMyers
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This has happened to me only on the "Classic Reel" application.  I've noticed that some of the movies on that app have been rather sloppily edited, with no rhyme or reason as to why, but it was only "The Hound of the Baskervilles" movie, also on Classic Reel, where the last 10 minutes of the movie was truncated.  Other than here, I've seen no way to contact either Classic Reel or Roku about this.  Unfortunately little or no customer support is a common problem with Internet applications like these.  Sorry I could not be of any help.

0 Kudos
mnorwood16

Jump to solution

Same problem here with HGTV Log Cabin Living program. Cuts off at the end on every single episode at last "commercial". The circle just twirls around then it cuts to the start of the next episode. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos