Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olemissfan
Reel Rookie

Moved to MS but still get AR local channels

Help. I recently moved to another state and I still get the old state’s local channels. How can I change the location so I can get my new local stations instead of the old ones?  I’ve tried everything. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Moved to MS but still get AR local channels

@Olemissfan 

Which app? Hulu? Sling TV? YouTube TV? Other? Which app?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Olemissfan
Reel Rookie

AT&T Direct TV. And this is new service. We were on Cox in AR. I was able to change the tv location on the other tv’s we have but haven’t been able to figure it out in this Roku tv. And there is nothing on our AT&T account to indicate Arkansas. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Olemissfan 

DirecTV? Satellite service? Your Roku TV won't impact what it sends you.

If you mean DirecTV Stream, then they may be picking up an address from your IP address, which your ISP provides. Again, your Roku TV won't impact that.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Assuming you are talking about the Direct TV Stream app viewed on a Roku, see this page on setting your home network: https://www.directv.com/support/stream/article/KM1433086/

Also make sure, when setting your network, you are not connecting to the internet via a VPN that masks your location.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X