Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gillik13

Monsterschool on the kids and family channel

the show "monsterschool" and others under the Minecraft channel are NOT kid friendly. They're rated G but within three minutes of watching the first episode a character said the "f" word in a not so nice context. I'm not a prude but I'm sure that doesn't belong in a kids show. I don't know how to report it though. It makes me hesitant to let my son watch anything that I'm not familiar with from that channel. Wish I could trust it more. 

4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Monsterschool on the kids and family channel

@Gillik13

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us specific information regarding the content in question so we can look into this issue further? Can you please provide us the channel as well as the content title/episode number?

With more information we will be able to look investigate. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I will, gladly! Episode 6 of season 1, "Pro Baby Escape" they use audio clips from other TV and popular media. One quote is "Suprise Mother **bleep**er!" And "What the **bleep** is that?".

I don't care to cuss in my house, but calling this rate G is asinine and negligent. If you're going to have **bleep** like this on your Kids and Family channel I might just block all the Roku Channels.

*edit*

Love that this censored me but my kids can still her f uck if they watch Monster School.  

My wife just brought up a good point, how about you people do your research and figure out if the shows you're putting on the kids and family channel ARE ACTUALLY FAMILY F UCK ING FRIENDLY?!

I look forward to your response. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@sunburn1985

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We're unable to locate the content you're posting about. Could you reproduce or walk us through how to access the content from your Roku home screen?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Yes the show is called “Monster School” on the Roku channel. I set my parental controls to 6 and under and it is still popping up as an option. Some shows for it say G but they are not G. I played one that says it’s G rated. The others are Tv-14 are very explicit in my opinion for that age. 
I was hoping the pin would pop up when he tried to play that show. 

0 Kudos