Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Missing xfinity Cable Channels when streaming through Roku device

Cable channels are not free, period. Please show where Roku has said all cable channels are free. There is almost certainly a disclaimer that it will require some form of subscription, either direct with a channel, or indirectly through a TV cable/satellite package. And even then, the cable/satellite companies have to make deals with the media companies to allow what used to be called "TV Everywhere".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_Everywhere

0 Kudos
LDP6254

I am having the same problem.  From the time I turned off my TV on Tuesday evening and turned it back on Wednesday evening I have lost all of the local stations along with a slew of others.  Is it a ROku problem or an Xfinity one?? WTH

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@LDP6254 Try going into settings on your Roku device and do a system update.

0 Kudos
LDP6254

I have done all of that.

THanks

0 Kudos
allende2
Reel Rookie

This is exactly what has happened to us.  I have just gotten off the phone with Xfinity/Comcast and they could find no problem.  I have Roku devices on 4 televisions.  Our primary also has a Xfinity DVR.  The Roku there is only used to access subscription streaming services.

The other 3 TVs have Rokus that are used to access all of our local network stations through the Xfinity Stream app.  Those are the TVs where I have lost large blocks of channels on the Xfinity service.  Channels that were used regularly, almost daily.

The device on the primary TV is a Roku Premiere 3920X as are two of the others.  That one has not been affected.  The other two have as has the Roku Streaming Stik 4K that I have on the TV in my workshop.

Would appreciate any input on solving this frustrating problem.

0 Kudos
allende2
Reel Rookie

This is my post and as of this morning the problem has resolved itself.  Apparently Roku hadn't flipped the correct switch.  All of my channels on the Xfinity app are there. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Roku probably had nothing to do with it. Just because it worked on one but not the others doesn't mean it was model related. Each device has a unique ID code with Comcast, and probably some of those codes were not working properly. I had issues where my DVR info in Xfinity Stream was missing, but it was OK on my real DVR. They were obviously having some sort of server issues yesterday.

0 Kudos