Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgelliott1
Reel Rookie

Missing xfinity Cable Channels when streaming through Roku device

I was able to stream some channels using my Xfinity cable account however all of a sudden I am getting  the channel is no longer part of my cable subscription.  I called my cable company twice and they say everything is good on there end.  Some channels like CNN, Fox News Channel and ESPN I was able to watch live but not any longer.  They all worked fine last week.  Some things I did to try to fix the problem was unplug the roku for an 1/2 hr, removed and add channel back, and a factory reset.  Still no success.  Looking for solutions.  Please help since you can not talk to anyone at Roku.  I thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Missing xfinity Cable Channels when streaming through Roku device

Roku has nothing to do with this. Comcast writes the Xfinity Stream app and is responsible for how it works. You have done everything you can at your end. You can try asking on the Xfinity community forums:

https://forums.xfinity.com/ 

0 Kudos
bgelliott1
Reel Rookie

It corrected itself overnight.  Xfinity said "not Us" but we a;; know how that goes.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

To be clear, when you remove and add a channel back you must restart your Roku device from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power after the removal and before the add to clear out any information the channel/app may have saved on your device.  I'm not saying it's the solution in this case, but simply removing a channel and immediately adding it again accomplishes nothing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
bart79
Binge Watcher

Can't get certain channels

Forget it you cannot get certain channels  with a Roku device if you have Xfinity as your internet provider. Xfinity will not give you Fox News or the Oxygen channel. Why don't we all sue Roku in a class L-----T for misrepresented themselves. Roku would not let me post this if I used the word that begins  with a L and ends with a T.

0 Kudos
bart79
Binge Watcher

No don't try to get out of it xfinity has nothing to do with this roku is responsible. Xfinity didn't promise anything. Roku did  Why are you blocking out the word did I'm not gonna write a man's **bleep** on there. Roku is the company that promised us Fox News, Oxygen, CNN, and Espn.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

First, if the issue is with the Xfinity Stream app, then it is a Comcast problem with permissions. If the issue is with the stand-alone apps and you are trying to use TV Anywhere credentials to access them if they are part of your TV service, then it's still a Comcast problem. Comcast does not have agreements with all the networks to allow that form of access.

0 Kudos
bart79
Binge Watcher

My post is not the same as these people who posted this. My post is about bringing action against Roku. Xfinity or Comcast I bought Internet service from them. I was promised Internet service from them and I received it. Roku promise me if I bought their device I would get Fox News, Oxygen and other stations that I don't know about For free.

0 Kudos
bart79
Binge Watcher

Xfinity (Comcast) has no right to block Fox News you don't own the channel it's a free channel and so is the Oxygen channel.  If Xfinity (Comcast) continues to block free channels then they're looking for trouble.   

Email:bmiceli79@gmail.com 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

@bart79 

In the previous post you blame Roku for something, even though they don’t guarantee any specific content or business model, and then in the next post you blame Xfinity, though I’m pretty sure they also don’t guarantee any specific content, and you apparently haven’t even signed up for a TV package with them.  Most “cable channels” are not “free”.  They are partially funded by advertisers, and partially funded by retransmission fees from the cable companies.  (Which is one of the reasons that cable TV packages aren’t free.)

0 Kudos