Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melissa3
Reel Rookie

Re: Missing Episodes of TV Show on Roku Channel

never mind they are back lol must’ve been a glitch 

0 Kudos

I am having the same problem with McLeon Daughters.  I can not get Season 4 Episode 5 to open.  It says it is not availaable.???  Help please.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

When Roku licenses content to play on TRC, they often do not get all episodes and/or seasons of TV shows. No rhyme nor reason to it. It's simply what the content owners are willing to provide, and what Roku is willing to spend. Although I would not expect them to show an episode they aren't licensed to stream. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Marina2max

It’s the end of 2021 and still hasn’t been fixed.  So annoying

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Marina2max

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atthewoods

I am watching the Mentalist and all of a sudden episodes are missing. Help.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@atthewoods When Roku licenses content for The Roku Channel, there are limits set. There are limits to the exact episodes that Roku may stream, and there are limits to the timeframe that they are allowed. Since these are negotiated terms, they have to be followed once agreed upon. When content is removed, it may return again in the future, but there are no guarantees it will do so. The content owners might not want to make it available, or the cost might be higher than Roku is willing to pay. 

While it would be nice for Roku to provide a timetable of when content might be removed from TRC, that's something they don't offer at this time, to my knowledge. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
crsims

Yes. I am experiencing missing episodes of the show Power Book 2: Ghost! Very disappointing to find the most popular episode missing from Season 2. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@crsims

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that we are currently working to resolve another issue related to your inquiry. The episode is not actually missing, it is currently mislabelled. If you scroll to the end of Season 2's episodes, you will find the episode 5 "Coming Home to Roost".

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lisa9600
Reel Rookie

I completely agree I was just looking at why they are missing and found your post. I didn't know they're at the end so I thank you for that. I was frustrated why important episodes were missing. It really screws up the order and you miss things. Then you don't see important episodes and you find out things before You should know it. I'm pretty frustrated with Roku. I have found the same problem with other shows 😔

0 Kudos