Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uninformed

Misomer murders series April 2022 sudden message that" no providers can be found"

Jump to solution

I just started watching the Midsomer Murders series on the Roku channel on my new Roku Tv, and usually the  Roku channel comes up showing  where I left off  in the series. But over Easter weekend  when  I tried to move  to the next episode in Season 3 I suddenly got the message that "no providers can be found". I tried starting with a fresh search for the series, etc and I can always see the episode titles, but every time I try to open  new episode now I get this same message that "no providers can be found". Does anybody know if the Roku Channel has dropped the series or if i am suddenly doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Misomer murders series April 2022 sudden message that" no providers can be found"

Jump to solution

There are tons of ways to watch Misomer Murders. Not Roku channel only. Tubi, Filmrise classic, Crackle, Filmrise, PlutoTV. Just search for the show on your Roku main search bar and you will find so many free ways to watch it 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Misomer murders series April 2022 sudden message that" no providers can be found"

Jump to solution

@Uninformed 

Midsomer Murders seems to be playing fine on the Roku Channel. 

However, I did notice on the Roku Channel that Season 3, episode 4 has a little $ sign under the Selection Screen and is pointing toward AcornTV for a Subscription.

I don't know what is going on with the Roku Channel lately trying to offer only certain episodes for free and then pointing to paid services (they seem to have adopted the Peacock Channel business model but with channel partners).

It is annoying to say the least and an unwelcome feature change.

-----

I have a family member that only watches Midsomer Murders.  Since it is streamed through Filmrise, try watching it on the Filmrise British Channel on your Roku. (https://channelstore.roku.com/details/f703e08b6f49d1dfe8eabc846658f4bc/filmrise-british-tv).  

You will not encounter that error message on Filmrise or on the other Channels/apps listed above.

Additionally, there are some LiveTV channels of Midsommer Murders available also (Pluto ch.385 and Roku Channel 522)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There are tons of ways to watch Misomer Murders. Not Roku channel only. Tubi, Filmrise classic, Crackle, Filmrise, PlutoTV. Just search for the show on your Roku main search bar and you will find so many free ways to watch it 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Uninformed 

Midsomer Murders seems to be playing fine on the Roku Channel. 

However, I did notice on the Roku Channel that Season 3, episode 4 has a little $ sign under the Selection Screen and is pointing toward AcornTV for a Subscription.

I don't know what is going on with the Roku Channel lately trying to offer only certain episodes for free and then pointing to paid services (they seem to have adopted the Peacock Channel business model but with channel partners).

It is annoying to say the least and an unwelcome feature change.

-----

I have a family member that only watches Midsomer Murders.  Since it is streamed through Filmrise, try watching it on the Filmrise British Channel on your Roku. (https://channelstore.roku.com/details/f703e08b6f49d1dfe8eabc846658f4bc/filmrise-british-tv).  

You will not encounter that error message on Filmrise or on the other Channels/apps listed above.

Additionally, there are some LiveTV channels of Midsommer Murders available also (Pluto ch.385 and Roku Channel 522)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos