Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edlopezpr
Reel Rookie

Misleading Movie/Content (Roku Featured Free) Firestarter 2022 (Tubi)

Jump to solution

In the Features Free option of the menu for content and movies, there’s is an ad under the best of free TV (Not on Netflix) promoting the movie Firestarter (2022 version) available for free via the Tubi channel. When selecting the movie it will play instead the movie Charlie (2022). This is misleading advertisement of content and it should be taken down as soon as possible. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Misleading Movie/Content (Roku Featured Free) Firestarter 2022 (Tubi)

Jump to solution

@edlopezpr 

The various Channels/apps submit and are responsible for their Searches and content to be included in Roku Search Results. (and all the various platform features these results are included).  

I had just contacted Tubi earlier to let them know of issue/error since I was also going to watch this movie so wouldn't hurt for you to do as well. (https://tubitv.com/static/support)

Just select Report an Issue->Specific Content->Incorrect Video Playing and then describe issue.

Most of these issues with streaming the wrong movies are just innocent errors with wrong linking to the CDN provider.  The services are certainly not trying to mislead and trick you into watching the wrong movie.  They also do not know issues exist unless viewers notify them of an issue or error.

Hope that helps you a bit.  Contact Tubi and hopefully will be resolved soon - they are often pretty quick in their responses.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@edlopezpr 

The various Channels/apps submit and are responsible for their Searches and content to be included in Roku Search Results. (and all the various platform features these results are included).  

I had just contacted Tubi earlier to let them know of issue/error since I was also going to watch this movie so wouldn't hurt for you to do as well. (https://tubitv.com/static/support)

Just select Report an Issue->Specific Content->Incorrect Video Playing and then describe issue.

Most of these issues with streaming the wrong movies are just innocent errors with wrong linking to the CDN provider.  The services are certainly not trying to mislead and trick you into watching the wrong movie.  They also do not know issues exist unless viewers notify them of an issue or error.

Hope that helps you a bit.  Contact Tubi and hopefully will be resolved soon - they are often pretty quick in their responses.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

edlopezpr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks so much @AvsGunnar!