Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jstudiocity
Reel Rookie

Has Roku Media Player issue been fixed?

I'm just wondering if Roku has addressed the issue with Roku Media Player not recognizing hard drives? Its stopped working after 11 update. I'm so disappointed. I know I've seen a couple of places that mention it. Just wanted to know. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Get-Rich

Re: Media player won't work for my roku 3 after the last update

After firmware update on 4/19/2022 on my Roku 3, my Roku Media Player would no longer accept my 1 TB hard drive. It always worked before. I also learned that my Mom's Roku 3 has same issue. I tried a 128 GB thumb drive and it worked great. I just bought a brand-new Roku Ultra and it is working perfectly. I believe the issue is the firmware. You may recall this happened before a few years ago when Roku updated their Media Player and it stopped working. Then it got fixed when they updated the software again.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Get-Rich Yes, it's a bug that only affects the older players. There are several threads about it, and Roku is aware. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
yort
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Media Player Not Working

This is NOT A SOLUTION. I have had a large hard drive connected to my Sharp TV for many years. Now after the last update it cannot be detected. Formatting to FAT32 is not a solution! Please fix this ASAP!

0 Kudos
atc98092

We never said it was a solution. It's a workaround until Roku fixes the firmware. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Teduardo
Binge Watcher

@atc98092 wrote:

@Get-Rich Yes, it's a bug that only affects the older players. There are several threads about it, and Roku is aware. 

I think it's a "Marijuana" bug! Smiley Wink

The upgrade was released on April 20, i.e. 420, and Roku is headquartered in San Jose, CA - one of the first states to legalize it.Smiley Wink

Hey, Roku Engineers - You shouldn't be smoking pot when you are doing these upgrades!

Bwahahahahaha! Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Jsocorro1224
Reel Rookie

50 tcl roku tv

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
new-user-12345
Reel Rookie

Today, my TV was updated to build 4184-12, which seems to have resolve the issue for me. The 256 GB SanDisk USB thumb drive (formatted with NTFS) is now recognized again by Roku Media Player, and videos play just fine (as was before the 11.0 update).

Thank you, Roku team, for fixing the issue.

AirMojo
Streaming Star

@new-user-12345What does your TV have to do with the issue ?

Most of us just have dumb TVs using a separate Roku 3 device.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@AirMojo Because there have been a handful of Roku TVs that also reported the problem.

Dan

0 Kudos