Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blkhwks19
Channel Surfer

Marquee Sports Network app requires me to sign in EVERY TIME

I can stream Cubs games live on the Marquee Sports Network Roku app just fine, but the app requires me to sign in via my cable provider every single time I open the app and want to stream. Other apps like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, etc all remember that I'm logged in and don't require me to keep logging in, so why does Marquee behave differently? More importantly is there any way I can get it to remember my login status?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Marquee Sports Network app requires me to sign in EVERY TIME

@blkhwks19 

Some apps do exhibit this behavior. And you are correct, it should not be happening.

Fox News is notorious for this, but they are developed by a different company. Marquee Sports app is developed by Sinclair, whose other apps seem to work well.

One thing to try, that may not work but should be ruled out, is to remove and reinstall the app. But, there is a certain way to do it.

1. Remove the app.
  2. Restart the Roku via the menu system.
  3. Reinstall the app.

Most people skip step 2, or do it out of order. You gotta do it that way.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
blkhwks19
Channel Surfer

I tried your solution and followed the instructions exactly. Still no luck, I still have to sign in every time I open the app. Anything else to try? Granted the season is almost over, so it's not really a huge deal for this season, but later on I'll definitely be logging in almost every day, and it's such a pain to keep repeating the same process over and over!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @blkhwks19

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to the channel's customer support team to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Perhaps, this is what MLB wants people to go through in order watch a game. The same thing happens to me whenever, I Stream MASN Sports in order the watch an Oriels game. 

letsroll
Reel Rookie

I stay signed in but get the conflict everytime I launch marquee. I have to forcequit the app, then relaunch the app and sign out and sign back in every single time.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @letsroll

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us what happens when you launch the Marquee Sports channel? Does the issue only occur on that specific app or across other channels installed on your Roku device? 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MacFam1

Following. Same thing here - have to login everytime I click to watch a show. Not when I start the app - just when I click on “watch live” or on a show. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @MacFam1

Thank you for the post.

It can be frustrating to have to sign in every time you want to watch a show on the Marquee Sports Network app. There are a few things you can try to fix this issue:

• Make sure you have the latest version of the app installed: Check the app store or channel store to see if there is an update available for the Marquee Sports Network app. If there is, install it and see if the issue is resolved.
  • Clear the app cache: Sometimes clearing the app cache can help fix issues with the app. To do this, go to "Settings" > "System" > "Advanced system settings" > "App Manager" > "Marquee Sports Network" > "Clear cache".
  • Check your network connection: Make sure your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. If your internet connection is unstable, it can cause issues with the app.
  • Contact the Marquee Sports Network: If none of the above solutions work, you may need to contact the Marquee Sports Network app developer for further assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and provide a solution.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos